show your Ti's

Re: Re:

shawnb":tc56e6qx said:
All built up...

IMG_5082.jpg

IMG_5084.jpg

IMG_5083.jpg

Absolutely beautiful bike, I appreciate a good paint job especially a nicely patina'd original one but bare Ti just looks so damn good. Loving the Manitou 1's on this, if they weren't so heavy I'd put some on mine.

Re:

I'll repost some old pics.

The Ibis is still a work in progress, going Neo retro but still not quite done.

The Mojo HD always seems to want to photo bomb it's older brother. Not retro I know, but it does have front & rear Ti coil springs if that helps.

The Bianchi is a great ride. Added some pin striping since the last pic to border the paint & brushed Ti, looks better ish.

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 793
  • ibisses1.jpg
    ibisses1.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 793
Picked this up last year from a cash converter.

Previous owner had decked it out in modern gear...

URL=http://s1043.photobucket.com/user/red_zephyr/media/WP_20160402_14_53_44_Pro_LI_zpsf21guaq9.jpg]
WP_20160402_14_53_44_Pro_LI_zpsf21guaq9.jpg
[/URL]

Didn't ride well with the fox fork. Geometry was all wrong.
Have gone back to 93 with some Marin Rockstar forks and stem off an old Muirwoods.
Along with some non index shifters and canti's.

Decided to put my own decals on it.

It's now a "ti fighter"

Run it 7spd when off road...
URL=http://s1043.photobucket.com/user/red_zephyr/media/WP_20170218_17_29_23_Pro_zpsjqzwayzr.jpg]
WP_20170218_17_29_23_Pro_zpsjqzwayzr.jpg
[/URL]
but 6spd when on road...
URL=http://s1043.photobucket.com/user/red_zephyr/media/WP_20170218_16_43_26_Pro_zpsp0ci22vl.jpg.html]
WP_20170218_16_43_26_Pro_zpsp0ci22vl.jpg
[/URL]

URL=http://s1043.photobucket.com/user/red_zephyr/media/WP_20170218_16_42_55_Pro_zps0dqviz1n.jpg.html]
WP_20170218_16_42_55_Pro_zps0dqviz1n.jpg
[/URL]

Re:

Hi!

I need a little help in here.... I bought this bike years ago. It is said that this bike cost around 5000 Euro when it was new. When bought from the local bicycleshop.. he replaced the original black stiff fork with a Manitou fork.... he also gave me the original black fork which Im thankful for ;) The tires that are on now is Ritchey slicks and thin tires..... and the rims are Compagnolo.

I started some minor work on it. The decals at the top tube (Axis TT Team titanium) was looking bad and had released from the frame so I had to remove them.... but the other decals was nice so I didnt wanted to touch those... I saved the original grips (black with diamond back logo) but replaced them with some new foam grips I had at home.

Now to my questions because I dont have the age experience in here to have all the facts about this model...

- Year: Does anyone know which year this Diamondback is from?
- Front fork question: The fork that is on now is a Manitou.. I googled about it and its something called Manitou easton E9. But the fork doesnt work.. it is stiff. The old man who sold it to me said he had open it up some time ago and oiled it up inside and also oiled the parts... but he also said that the technology in the fork is "rubber pads".. and it could be that these needs to be changed. Is it possible to buy new rubber pads for this type of fork or how should I get it to work again? Or is the best to throw it in the thrash because its not worth it... and if there is a chance to buy rubber pads for this fork... where can I buy it?
- Seatpost: I realized that the seatpost is a struggle to get up and down... and I have put some oil down in the tube where the seatpost is.. the oil was a wd-40 spray which is a multispray. Is the seatpost slow because its a titanium frame? Or is the solution to buy some kind of grease instead? The seatpost seems to be very light.. and the brand is Roox or something... is this seatpost also titanium?

Would be grateful for some advice about this... :)

// Robert

Attachments

• DBRAxisTT-1.jpg
    DBRAxisTT-1.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 554
  • DBRAxisTT-2.jpg
    DBRAxisTT-2.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 555
  • DBRAxisTT-3.jpg
    DBRAxisTT-3.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 554
  • DBRAxisTT-4.jpg
    DBRAxisTT-4.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 553
  • DBRAxisTT-5.jpg
    DBRAxisTT-5.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 552
  • DBRAxisTT-6.jpg
    DBRAxisTT-6.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 551
Re:

Changed the tires.. unfortunately I had to take what I had for the moment... which was one Smoke and only one Onza Porcs.... so had to be like that.. its better now with these on than the slicks before... :)

I have to keep hunting for one Onza Porcs for the front... or if I find a pair.. Going to add polished Crmo Onza barends on it later on...another saddle and change the grips... but for the moment I let it be and ride it.

I have also got some advice about how to fix the stiff Manitou frame.. there is a company in USA that sells new elastomers for my stiff Manitou fork, they are called suspensionforkparts.net... so Im going to restore this later on.. but now I ride it as it is...

Attachments

• dbr-10.jpg
    dbr-10.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 500
  • dbr-15.jpg
    dbr-15.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 500
  • dbr-11.jpg
    dbr-11.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 499
  • dbr-13.jpg
    dbr-13.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 499
  • dbr-14.jpg
    dbr-14.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 500
Re:

Nice dbr. I have 2. One looks the same as yours aside from decals. Mine is a 93, yours might be a touch later with those decals. My other one is later with snakes seat stays which I think is a 96.

Seat post on mine is 27.2. frame has an alloy shim inside the seat post. You might want to check that it's not damaged or marked, causing the post to bind. I've also got the same seat post, it's not ti to the best of my knowledge.

I see you've found the us site that does elastomers. You can make your own from polyeurothane rod. You need to work out how hard you want them (or get a mixture to tune the ride and compression/rebound). You'll also need the external diameter for the skewers they slide on, and the external diameter so they fit inside. Iirc you'll need a very long Allen key to get the forks apart to get at the elastomers.

Here's mine (customer decals but same as the originals aside from colour):
file.php

And my Raleigh:
file.php

Re:

Nice DBR Ti. One of the few Ti greats from bitd as they were Sandvik welded and stiff in the BB area :cool:

Latest posts

Back