No more bikes! Buy's another bike. Share your shame thread

officially (as far as teh wife is concerned) I have a one in / one out policy. However I aggregate this over time so it tends to be 2 or 3 in quick succession in, then some time later 2 or 3 out over a period of many months. in the past 12 months the population of the shed has fluctuated between 7 and 13. I like to think of myself as Mr Average

RickTheUncivil":27lacjil said:
officially (as far as teh wife is concerned) I have a one in / one out policy. However I aggregate this over time so it tends to be 2 or 3 in quick succession in, then some time later 2 or 3 out over a period of many months. in the past 12 months the population of the shed has fluctuated between 7 and 13. I like to think of myself as Mr Average

I'll take that.

Oh lord please help us in our sickness :( :(
Have bought 4 frames this year....cause have sold all of my vespa scooters....
Need to compensate....
So 11 bikes in the shed....and no time to ride them cause of baby arrival....
DOO !!!!!

Re:

I just donated four bikes to a local charity that gives them to kids and refugees. Also built up and gave away another two frames that were not in use to family. Today I finished another build for my missus... I'd given away her first restoration away to her sister a few months ago. The parts bin is looking pretty barren and there's no spare frames hanging anywhere... apart from one in the lbs getting a stuck BB removed. So picking up another donor bike tomorrow...

Still trying to decide which frames to sell :roll: to distract from the decision i bought another 2 bikes and 2 frames this week :LOL: :facepalm:

Re:

It's getting worse... :facepalm:

1 bike and 1 frame bought this week :shock:

But 2 bikes up for sale and a third to be split down and sold soon :)

However, Mrs J only notices the bikes coming IN :?

Re:

Last March I bought a 95 GT Zaskar LE. It is a bike that I have wanted for 20 years. I love the bike and all the XTR m900 parts but now I'm afraid to ride it. I don't want to break anything on it. It just sits in my basement gathering dust. I decided to buy a 95 GT Tequesta because I'm less concerned with damaging it but I sold my wife's trek 6000 to get it.

I'm hovering over one of these - A first 27.5" Be interesting to see how they go.

Just need to sell off some bits first.

Attachments

• Orange Clockwork 120 27.5 XL.jpg
    Orange Clockwork 120 27.5 XL.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 439
Thanks for this thread. I don't feel alone anymore...

It all started 4 years ago. Before I just had the "necessary" stuff: a CX, a mountainbike, a racebike and a trackbike. But than I bought this 1981 Koga Miyata and since than it's gone from bad to worse.

Currently in my shed:

9 mountainbikes
18 racebikes
3 tourer bikes
1 CX bike

most of them are split up as frames + boxes full of parts due to lack of space.

Bought in the past month: a 1991 Scott XC Fun, a 1991 Muddy Fox Courier Comp, a Saracen Kili frame, a 1996 Serotta Atlanta frame and a 1992 Alpinestars Cro-Mega DX.

I promised myself to sell all the unneeded (= too small or too large) but again I fooled myself...

Back