show us your gt's

Re:

Here's my 94 Zaskar LE. Finished today, ready for Mayhem.

IMG_4864.jpg

some gt's i managed to (re)build :mrgreen:

Attachments

• beide2.jpg
    beide2.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 1,028
  • zaskar-seiteanansicht.jpg
    zaskar-seiteanansicht.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 1,028
  • sundownshooting1.jpg
    sundownshooting1.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 1,030
  • sundownshooting5.jpg
    sundownshooting5.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 1,032
  • contest-detailbild.jpg
    contest-detailbild.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 1,033
  • contest-rechts.jpg
    contest-rechts.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 1,028
Re:

Here's one of my Zaskars, a 1997 frost red example. I bought this as a frame with forks and crank that were wrong for it. Stripped and cleaned then assembled with bits I had laying around (full XT Groupset) Stole the tyres from another project, the forks are z1 BAM and are still in working order but due some fresh seals and oil. Wheels are far from original but I do have an excellent pair of black x225 rims to swap in plus 64 silver nipples. I have the original kore stem but its way too long for what I like so swapped it for the Synchros one. Also have the original kore seatpost but as I had a matching synchros one thought I may as well have that fitted aswell. We have a red chris king headset but thought it a bit much so the silver one fitted is staying put until we get another king one of better colour. I have a black hope but something about hope parts on a GT doesn't sit right with me. Me and my 12 y/o son built it last week with him getting the test ride - I haven't ridden it yet but he assures me its very good :D I think he intends to keep it for himself :LOL:

Attachments

• DSC_0333.JPG
    DSC_0333.JPG
    229.5 KB · Views: 942
Re:

Sorry if it upsets the purists and true vintage ethos but I had an old Zaskar frame from 97 lying around. I decided to see if some 650b wheels would fit and they did ! I took off the mag 21 shocks and stuck on some cast off air sun tours off my ebike.

I then decided to ditch the 3x8 drivetrain and fit 1x11 SLX also. Went to full discs XT back and front via an adapter for the back. It rides like an absolute hoot ! As you see the steerer tube angle is not what it should be but it is great fun ! Hope you enjoy the photos !

Clearance round the rear stays is a bit touch and go but it is running 2.2 tyres. Got more photos if anyone is interested.

Attachments

• IMG_0150.PNG
    IMG_0150.PNG
    40.9 KB · Views: 876
Factory Jackson":1qo2e9iu said:
Here's my collection of GT's

From front to back: 1994 RTS, 1996 RTS3, 1998 Zaskar, 1991 Zaskar

Untitled by FactoryJackson, on Flickr

:cool: nice looking collection

Just looking through your sig and noticed a couple of your previous dh bikes. Have you got any pics? Only ever used to see the mono foes, the tube version was on my wish list. Also interested in the Kawasaki m1, only one I saw was the dirt team one. Favourite bike of all time, had 3 still got one, never sell it :cool:

Mark

Wonderful collection, I am jealous, think I might get an old avalanche and fully retro it, I have all the bits off my Zaskar.

And you're also right, I have ridden the conversion more times in the past two weeks than I have done in the past 10 years.

mkone":3h7urt2a said:

Just looking through your sig and noticed a couple of your previous dh bikes. Have you got any pics? Only ever used to see the mono foes, the tube version was on my wish list. Also interested in the Kawasaki m1, only one I saw was the dirt team one. Favourite bike of all time, had 3 still got one, never sell it :cool:

Mark

Here you Mark,

I've found some old photos of the Foes, and my old Scott WC-DH, my 2 M1's and finally the Kawasaki Intense. It was Paul Garrets one when he was on the team.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/87406906@ ... 5043555761

cheers
Chris

Factory Jackson":2rwfal2u said:
mkone":2rwfal2u said:

Mark

Here you Mark,

I've found some old photos of the Foes, and my old Scott WC-DH, my 2 M1's and finally the Kawasaki Intense. It was Paul Garrets one when he was on the team.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/87406906@ ... 5043555761

cheers
Chris

Thanks Chris, why did you sell the team m1? I would have kept that one.

If your interested you can google world force vr1 and first pic up, yellow one with pace and deemax is mine and will take you to my pinkbike profile with all my bikes including my m1's :)

Mark

Latest posts

Back