Reviving a Profloater

thummie

Dirt Disciple
Looking to get my profloater on the trail for this summer (I'm on the other side of the world in Tasmania, Australia). Got some questions...

Shocks
- the rear shock has no damping, so what are the options for replacement? I've found the Risse website, are these the go?
- front shock are Marzocchi DH3. They have virtually no wear, but the seals are leaking - anyone know the dimensions of the seals?

Rear swing arm - does anyone know of a source of these, and do I stick with oil impregnated brass, so switch to a plastic like ptfe or similar?

Stickers- the stickers on the frame and DH3s are in poor condition - is anyone reprinting these?

Cheers,
Andrew

Re:

Some progress. Risse shock on the way. also, looks like the rear swing arm bushings might be sizes 12fdu08 and 04DU04. I've orders a set from the states, so will report back in a few weeks as to whether they fit ok.

Any leads on stickers and marzocchi seal sizes much appreciated.

Cheers,
Andrew

Re: Re:

thummie":2z3v3937 said:
Some progress. Risse shock on the way. also, looks like the rear swing arm bushings might be sizes 12fdu08 and 04DU04. I've orders a set from the states, so will report back in a few weeks as to whether they fit ok.

Any leads on stickers and marzocchi seal sizes much appreciated.

Cheers,
Andrew

The sizes are right, they're special order here in the UK, so I ordered 20 or so. still got 8 left (4 pairs and 4 axles for the main pivot. Nothing for the Horst link.

I no longer use these as I manufactured a needle bearing conversion instead.

Re:

Hi B3,

Thanks for the reassurance... I might have to do a special order for the thrust washers also on the rear of the swing arms, but I'm going to experiment cutting washers out of a telfon baking sheets first...

Interested to see your roller bearing conversions - sounds really cool - how did you deal with the lateral loadings?

Cheers,
Andrew

thummie":5wr8ckfc said:
- front shock are Marzocchi DH3. They have virtually no wear, but the seals are leaking - anyone know the dimensions of the seals?
Stickers- the stickers on the frame and DH3s are in poor condition - is anyone reprinting these? ...

Have a look at the picture, this is the best information I have about seal size.

Regarding DH3 sticker: I'm on the way to reprint them as I did for a bunch of older Marzocchi's, but don't have time to do finish it now. Will take a while.

Edit: I should have added, that I have some 26mm oil seals left, but the outer dustseal is out :-/

Attachments

• Marzocchi 26mm Oil Seal.jpg
    Marzocchi 26mm Oil Seal.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 478
Back