No more bikes! Buy's another bike. Share your shame thread

Re:

Bought a 1991 Kona Fire Mountain which rides awesomely. Then a 1992 Cinder Cone frame and forks. Then a 1994 Kilauea frame and forks. Some will have to go!

Re: Re:

rogerzilla":2ufj2lhl said:
Bought a 1991 Kona Fire Mountain which rides awesomely. Then a 1992 Cinder Cone frame and forks. Then a 1994 Kilauea frame and forks. Some will have to go!

Hmmm.... What size is the Kilauea....any pics? :D

Re:

I clearly am far from alone :LOL:
However today I think I finally accepted it's time to sell one.
My original Bitd ride 91 Haro sport has been in a container for ages & really suffered from it so will be hitting Theifbay soon
It's a weird feeling to think 20+ years on I'm going to let it go.

I decided I needed to stop buying projects at the start of the year and just concentrate on finishing the bikes I had.

I have bought 9 frames/bikes so far this year.

So weak.

Re: Re:

shedobits":3f83y9zt said:
rogerzilla":3f83y9zt said:

Hmmm.... What size is the Kilauea....any pics? :D
17" CTT, 19" seat tube. Leaning towards doing the Cinder Cone at the moment (I love the 1991-93 bikes best) but need to get them on the scales. Both forks are TB.

Re: I've done it again!

Yep. Had to go for a very tidy 18.5" Univega Alpina 500 Racelite.

All steel and I could hear it calling my name and I answered the call even though it was just across the border in Wales.

Completely original and in lovely condition.

Using it as a little local tourer as my knackered feet don't allow for much more these days.

Now need to part with the other identical frame that is too big for me.

Very under rated bit of kit IMHO.

:D

Re:

There's something about them though - don't know what. Every time I pass a bike I look to see what it is - why?

Around 7 years ago I had well over 20 but now down to 4 mountain bikes - mix of rigid (Bridgestone, Saracen), hardtail (Kona Explosif) and full suss (Kona Sex One)

Seem to have six roadies though in either frame or full bike form.

Just remembered another Lava dome frame but it's a bit wee so must be for one of the kids, plus a Marin and Claud Butler frames hanging up and half a dozen sets of Pace forks :D

This is just a matter of self control. Look at me. I have only about 20 bikes. Anything less than 100 is ok. Otherwise you'd need to open a museum.

Back