What would you do?

Re:

You have been perfectly reasonable with them, they should have got back to you. Shit happens, so perhaps they will come through in the end.

Open a case, it starts by sending them a message anyway. I don't think it freezes their account, just the funds in question.

I would phone them too.

Re:

I opened a case once and the account was frozen. The seller was using their mums account and she was not happy, he was begging me to close the case but I didn't until I got the goods. If you pay for something, the funds can be immediately withdrawn so they can't freeze the funds in question if they aren't there.

I've never been on the receiving end so I've no actual experience of what impact it had other than the above.

I hope you get the parts!

Re:

If the funds have been withdrawn and the balance is zero they put the account in negative balance to the tune of the disputed funds.

Account holder has to add funds to return their account to zero before they can use it for anything.

If they don't and they lose the dispute they are effectively in dept to paypal for whatever amount the buyer had refunded.

When you sign up and accept non-gift funds you're fairly locked in.

Good system for honest people.

Update,Paypal reimbursed me a few days ago so after learning my lesson with gumtree I went onto ebay and found another set of calipers,emailed the guy and agreed a price on post.I won the item for a very good price and when I went to pay it said I have to contact the seller to amend the invoice to include post.This I did and the seller is ignoring my messages(it went for a low amount and it`s obvious that he will relist).I reported the transaction and the buyer to ebay who said "they will be keeping an eye on him" :evil: .

Re:

It doesn't seem you are having much luck, but at least you've got your £ back. I hope you get the brakes/parts you want one day!

I'm having an issue myself at the moment with something I sold on eBay. Thankfully the buyer has been understanding. eBay have essentially lost the package (global shipping program), and over 2 months later I'm still no further forward in getting a refund as the customer service team and the gsp are not linked up internally so all the contact team can do is ask the gsp team to investigate, which they clearly aren't doing. I've spent many hours on the phone and it seems there is little I can do. It's been escalated and escalated with no action or end in sight.

What to do indeed?

Back