What would you do?

66 triumph daytona

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
2 weeks ago today I paid for some parts from a seller in Gumtree.There is no sign of them yet.Im going on holidays soon so on Monday last I emailed asking when the parts were posted and got no reply,I sent a text 2 days ago and again no reply.Im thinking of contacting Paypal or should I wait another day or so,after all its the holiday season?The seller has been a Gumtree user for over 4 years and doesnt appear to be a fly by night.Ive never been in this position before so a bit unsure.

Yeah, seems to be happening more and more these days. Of course it could be any number of things, is there a time limit on making claims through paypal?

Mark

Re:

Im not sure about time frames but I think I might contact pp tomorrow,the fact that both my texts and emails were ignored irks me,I wouldnt mind if he contacted me saying he was away for a week or so on hols but being left in limbo is bad form.

Send the boys round :p

If you paid via Paypal gift you don't have much of a chance of getting your funds back.

Re:

I never pay gift so Im covered but I really want the parts so I dont want to give the guy the hump.I`ll give him until Saturday and then contact pp.I have found Gumtree dealing mostly infuriating,a lot of "dont do paypal/collection only/no returns"etc.

I always felt gumtree was more of a local thing but I suppose it is another arm of eBay but with out the fee's. Anyway hope you get your parts :)

Re:

Basically: never use Gumtree. Contact PayPal to look into refund. Transactions between buyer/seller should be well communicated and actioned promptly, unless a prior mutual agreement around dates/timescales has been made. And finally, never use Gumtree. Good luck – hope you get it sorted out.

Re:

Contact PayPal. No messing about any more. You look to me to have been very patient with him.

Re:

Open a PayPal case politely. Just say you are covering yourself as you have to open it within a certain time frame, but still want the parts. If the seller is genuine, they should understand, if they don't, you'll at least get your money back. I think if a case is open the PayPal account is frozen, so if nothing else it should prompt a response from the seller.

Re:

Thanks lads,yeah,I think I`ll nip this one in the bud and move on.Dammit I hate Gumtree,it always has those rare little gems but total numpties selling them.

Back