Steve Peats 1993 kona hei hei

fattiman":1wvn9xc3 said:
i dont think that is a Ti velocity stem, i dont think they made them in 1994 but i could be wrong. The colour looks like it just a standard painted 94 model. The bike incidentally is a 94 model also, not 93.
I agree, it's not a ti stem but Kona/Sandvik began to make them in 1992

Re:

Well it's beet a while but I am 95% done with collecting parts for this build.
The bike is half together and is looking pretty sweet. Still have to get the hope calliper painted red, looked into anodising but in Australia there is no one doing it. Managed to find a place who can do clear or black but no one can to red. Think the paint will look good regardless.

Biggest pain were getting the handlebars and the rims. Managed to finally get some bars that are currently in transit.

The rims....
Found three, 2 black and 1 silver.
got the front built up and it looks sweet.
Sent the other 2 rims to get the black anodising removed, polished and the clear anodised. Rims sat there for months and finally get a call that the black was not coming off.... Took them home and removed the anno myself, dropped off to the polished and then hopefully in the next couple of days will drop back to the anodiser for the clear. then can get the wheel built.

Will add a few images and a little more of the build story in the next few days. Hoping to have it all finished in a couple of months.

Teaser shot of the front end.
Managed to get the fork boots and control centre headset in. Stickers will be on the forks later in the week.

Seat and seatpost with the red clamp parts.

Attachments

• IMG_1168.jpg
    IMG_1168.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 292
  • IMG_1169.jpg
    IMG_1169.jpg
    293.9 KB · Views: 292
Shot of the Hope Cable pull brake set up. Different mount to the one steve used but this is one for Marzocchi as sold by Hope. The one Steve was using I think was a custom hack of some existing mount for Rock Shox forks.

I tried plastidip the calliper red but it didn't take. You can see some of the residue in the calliper (currently have the internals of the calliper out).

Hub is NOS, so is the Rim.

Attachments

• IMG_1167.jpg
    IMG_1167.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 285
Back