Ritchey Equipe - did I make it up?

feesh

Retro Newbie
Right around 1984 I bought what I remember as a Ritchey Equipe from Bayshore Bikes in Vancouver BC. It was red with yellow forks and black bullmoose bars. Tig welded.

I'm having a hard time finding any reference to a Ritchey Equipe on line anywhere, and can't find a pic of a red frame with yellow forks. Lots of Ascents with white or black forks...
Am I remembering the model name wrong, or does anyone remember an Equipe?

I must have a pic of it somewhere, but finding one could be a bit of a project.

There was a similar colored and vintage Ritchey posted on this forum a while back, but I can't remember what the model name was (ps: I'm in Vancouver too!)

Re:

I believe Equipe was a rocky mountain bike so not sure Fischer would have used the name without copyright problems
Plus if you bought the bike in Canada it would be more likely to buy Canadian than Californian ?

Rocky Mountain and Ritchey teamed up to source stuff from Taiwan together around that time period. There were a few funky Rocky's with Ritchey sticker bikes in that timeframe that might fit your recollections.

Cheers, Ted

Thanks everyone. Roy, yours looks a bit later than mine, and the one I had had an all red frame with yellow forks - no fade. But the Ascents look closest to how i remember, they just have white or black forks... or the red/yellow fade like yours.
It's been interesting learning about the early Rocky/Ritchey history... but it's really bugging me I can't figure out exactly what I had. Not that it really matters!

I gotta find some pics.

Re:

I bought my '85 Ritchey Equipe from Bayshore Bikes 35 years ago this month. It had white forks, which I painted black a decade later. Here it is on Salt Spring Island six years ago with Ezee front hub motor and '83 Carradice canvas panniers. With Bayshore Bikes sticker at the top of the seat tube. I have the sales brochure which I'll try and find so I can post some of it here.

Attachments

• Bike.jpg
    Bike.jpg
    324 KB · Views: 736
Back