90's Yeti Kokopelli stickers and frame colors?

jdfilms

Retro Newbie
I just bought a mid 90's Yeti Kokopelli frame and I might have it powder coated. Since these frames were sold in Europe (I'm in USA) I thought I would check here to see if anyone has a source for new frame stickers. I did a search and could only find posts from about 8-10 years ago where people said that Gil from The Cycle Shed can make them so I just sent him an email. Are there any other companies making the decals?

I took a screenshot from a catalog and circled the stickers I need for sure. Velo Cals here in the US sells the head tube and Colorado sticker for the seat tube. Not sure about the Yeti for the down tube yet. I also have my own vinyl cutter and could scan artwork to cut them in vinyl but I haven't seen the artwork anywhere, just photos of frames.

Also does anyone know what colors Yeti offered for these frames?

thanks,

Curtis

Attachments

• yeti-kokopelli.jpg
    yeti-kokopelli.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 496
Quick update. Gil replied and he sells the complete frame decals for 40 GBP (about $52 USD).

If anyone knows what colors the frames were offered in that would be great.

They were offered in Turquoise, Black, Red (have one) for sure !!
And I even think you were able to get them in any other color Yeti would have offered at that time.

Looks like you have the brochure to look that up ;-)

Cheers
Jeroen

The 1996 10th anniversary catalog is the first (and only) that shows this frame but it doesn't say anything about color options for specific frames, it just shows 13 powder coat colors at the end of the catalog. Mine is royal blue so maybe they offered them in all 13 colors.
I guess what I am more curious about is if these frames were ever painted in the 2 color combos like the yellow/turquoise or gray/turquoise, etc... Maybe not since these were more of a budget frame compared to the rest.

Here is the link to the 1996 catalog on Yeti Fan if anyone is interested in checking it out. http://www.yetifan.com/YETI_PAST/90s/1996Brochure.pdf

Attachments

• yeti-kokopelli-frame.jpg
    yeti-kokopelli-frame.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 421
Up until now I have only seen the Kokopelli's in one-color-only.
Same goes for the Fro's (I would say!?)

And you're right the catalog calls for 13 colors, so that's what you could have ordered them in (back in 96)

Nice frame by the way. It is in way better shape than mine!

Cheers
Jeroen

I test rode one in '95 borrowed from evolution imports, it was yellow with black decals and preproduction pace rc35 mxcd forks.

Back