Charlie Kelly and Joe Breeze to visit UK

Re:

I went to see these 2 old dudes last night in Nottingham. My 90 minute drive was rewarded by 2 great characters who spoke from their soul about Mountain Bikes. :D

Never before have i heard such a comprehensive argument about the logic of a 29er from Mr Breeze too.

I invested a pony in a book too, i wanted one for ages but just never seemed to get around to buying one, there was always something else that needed doing, but what better an opportunity than to but it from the guys themselves.

Charlie mentioned about a kickstarter project that he is setting up so that all his old stiff can be online forever, if anyone can add the link i'm sure as a RB community we'd all love to chip in a couple of quid.

Thank you CK and JB.

Re:

Captaincosmic - yes that was me, and I liked his theory of combining the 29's into a single 58! What a radical idea.

Re:

It was a great question and as you say the answer was brilliant
You got a taste of what an enquiring mind he has , a true designer big picture thinking

...and I was sat just along from Captaincosmic

Great evening - amazed they don't seem to get bored of telling stories that they must have told a hundred times before. We loved the stories, of course. I got a signed copy of the book, which I've started to read - really interesting and well written.

Re:

It was wonderful to meet Charlie and Joe at the London event and hear all about their wonderful memories.

I strongly recommend going along to one of the two remaining events if you can. These are rare opportunities to hear about the origins of Mountain Biking from Charlie Kelly, the principal chronicler of our sport during those founding years.

Charlie Kelly Rides and Talks:

*Clitheroe: (Kelly only) Sunday, July 23, time?, venue? talk&show
https://www.facebook.com/events/2079011 ... null%22%7D
http://www.wegottickets.com/event/399840"

US Mountain Biking pioneer Charlie Kelly visits Wendover the birthplace of UK Mountain Biking.

*Wendover, Buckinghamshire: Tuesday July 25, Ride out with Charlie from miday including a visit to Aston Hill trails. 19:30- Evening barbecue/pizza/bar, and presentation in the pleasant rural surroundings and facilities of Halton tennis club. (possibly including the Klunkerz film?)

Otec Bikes at Halton, near Wendover

For details contact, Lee Niven at OtecBikes- OtecBikes@gmail.com Tel:07824828024
https://www.facebook.com/15674954774208 ... 0732742623

Attachments

• 20156005_1474070526009977_8758791316667262332_n.jpg
    20156005_1474070526009977_8758791316667262332_n.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 649
Re:

Okay, I'm back home now. RetroBike came through for Joe and me. Joe had to go home and curate his museum, so I did the Clitheroe and Wendover stops by myself. RetroBikers came through for us, NivoBiker, Longun and regan_ev, plus our London tube guides and chauffeur, Jon, Grahame and Phil. I even wore my RB jersey.

I got to ride all over England, south coast, east coast and west coast with my lifelong friend, just like we did before all that other stuff. We saw StoneHenge and Hadrian's Wall, and we rode in what passes now for Sherwood Forest. Met all kinds of great people, Benji and Daniel from Random Adventures in the town named after me, Chorley. I even made the local news paper. Second page. A slow news day.

Not a bad two weeks. Photos soon.

Charlie, the honour was all ours, truly it was. We're glad you made he effort, rode, talked and ate fish n chips. Splendid tour sir, if I ever make your side of the bond you can show me the delight and rules of baseball :)

Back