ICONOCLASSIC : 2017

BoyBurning

Karma King
Bontrager Fan
Final meeting yesterday to confirm arrangements...

We're good to go! :)

Details on the website here:

http://www.iconoclassic.org

Further updates as they come will also be on the Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/ICONOCLASSICmtb

Will have around 30 tables available in the jumble area [available for bike or car parts jumbling] and these will be on a first-come first-served allocation.

Price per table is £15.00.

There are also around 15 nice and clean stables [around 3x3m each] encircling the jumble area. These are more suited to trade stands, 'professional' jumblers, or those with lots to sell! Contact through the website please if you would like to discuss options.

The show is paid entry this year to help with the cost of hiring the venue - it ain't cheap to hire a racecourse for the day!

£5.00 per as many bikes as you want to bring and display [not £5.00 per bike]
£5.00 per car [same cut-off date as per the bikes - up to and including 1995 model year].
£3.00 general admission [payable by those not exhibiting either bikes or cars].

There will be some 'interesting' food sellers, along with quite a selection of ales in the marquee... :)

New for this year - you can actually ride your [or your mates'] bike around the racecourse to see how they compare. Don't expect the Malverns, but it's a good 2 mile loop around... :)

Please note that no responsibility or liability will be taken by either the racecourse or the organisers for accidents / damage etc if you come off and hurt either yourself, your bike, or others. Please behave responsibly!

Also new for this year, is the expanding of the show to include vintage / classic / retro cars, which will be lined up along the concourse of the grandstands and add something really special to the proceedings. I know a lot of you who like old bikes also like old cars, so this is a nice pairing... :)

Please don't bombard me with questions by PM on here - use the contact form on the website for any queries.

Cheers, and I look forward to seeing a load of old and new faces in August!

Tom.

Attachments

• ICON 2017a.jpg
    ICON 2017a.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 687
Re:

last years was my first icono, it was fantastic and was great to meet everyone and talk bikes.

truthfully im sitting on the wall and leaning back at this years set up. i understand that things should progress and get even better than previous years and that Tom does a fantastic job at crafting new things to go with it.

my first concern is the jumble... if your going to be on your stall away from your bikes and someone is interested in asking a few questions about it your not going to be there to answer them. also its not going to be practical to leave your stall to have a look around at all the bikes and cars and make the most of your day.

sorry to be a doubter and sincerely hope im proved wrong :| :|

Re: Re:

Retro junkie":2u1tmbq0 said:
last years was my first icono, it was fantastic and was great to meet everyone and talk bikes.

truthfully im sitting on the wall and leaning back at this years set up. i understand that things should progress and get even better than previous years and that Tom does a fantastic job at crafting new things to go with it.

my first concern is the jumble... if your going to be on your stall away from your bikes and someone is interested in asking a few questions about it your not going to be there to answer them. also its not going to be practical to leave your stall to have a look around at all the bikes and cars and make the most of your day.

sorry to be a doubter and sincerely hope im proved wrong :| :|

Set up next to a mate from RB so you can take turns and keep an eye on each others gear.

Re:

yeah thats a good idea

last year i was next to al and raiden73, but i think i did their head in. although they smiled all day it may of been behind gritted teeth..or maybe it was just the long drive form cornwall that did it :LOL: :LOL:

Re: Re:

Retro junkie":il8en36r said:
yeah thats a good idea

last year I was next to al

That was your first mistake

Retro junkie":il8en36r said:
think i did their head in, maybe it was just the long drive form cornwall that did it :LOL: :LOL:

Al's a cool dude, but only happy when miserable,so you didn't do too bad.

Latest posts

Back