Helmet Pad Material

DynaCol

MacRetro Rider
Raleigh Fan
Feedback
View
Does anyone know where I can buy helmet pad material? I'm looking for a sheet I can cut pads from, say 300mm square or there abouts. Or if anyone has made their own pads can they post up what materials they used and where they bought them etc.

I have some black airmesh which you can have.
It's the sort of stuff they make trainer linings and rucksack backs from.
278.jpg

Just cut it with scissors and zig-zag stitch around the edges.

Yours for a few quid in the next charity box you see...

Alll the best,

Re:

Dan, thanks for the offer but that looks to be a bit too thin for what I need.

I should have explained it is the traditional material covered 10mm thick foam padding I'm after. It's for a Specialized helmet which has fairly large side pads. The pre-cut sets you can get on eBay are all too small, hence why I was after a square of padding to cut pads from to match the existing.

Re:

Is this close?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-Self-Adhe ... 3003842427

I've got a few old helmets with no foam left, I still use them regularly in the colder months with a beanie on underneath.

If you go for it, let me know how you get on & I might take the plunge myself & resurrect a few old lids for regular use.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back