Panaracer or Megabite

Tomianson

BoTM Winner
BoTY Winner
Feedback
View
Hi all.

Im building up my 95 klein attitude mc2 painted desert. What tyre would be more appropriate?

I've currently got it sitting on a pair of new Panaracer smoke and dart amber wall tyres.

I do have a pair of original Ritchey Megabyte Z max amber wall tyres though. And i also have a pair of original Megabite Z max black tyres available too.

What would be the best choice. I'm trying to do the klein as a tidy bike, the frame is pretty good, so i don't mind the new look of the panaracer, but then the megabits are original, in fairly good nick too.

Thoughts?

Thanks
T

Re:

I always thought blackwalls looked better with the desert paint, amber always look a bit 'clashy'...

Hope that helps?

deathgrips...

jus mount up one, see how they look, mount up other set, compare in head, go with that... (that and never use Darts for anything other than burning)

Re:

I'd mount the black Megabites. If you're actually using the bike then 2.3 inch wide tires and about 1.7 bar pressure adds quality to the ride.

Sometimes the black tyres allows the paint to be the main eye attraction in a way that the amber walls cause a distraction to the paint.

One of mine, an anniversaty clockwork has such great paintwork the black tyres suit it great but the amber walls not so much

Just put the blackball Ritchey Megabyte tyres onto the Alien. It shows the Painted desert colour amazingly. Thanks KDM.

Re: Re:

mynchiboy":38b3vwox said:
I always thought blackwalls looked better with the desert paint, amber always look a bit 'clashy'...

Hope that helps?

Agree.

I'd fit the Smokes

Latest posts

Back