Going to regret this!

Re: Re:

RadNomad":23crp7v5 said:
Another disc newbie activating the brake lever with disc removed, probably without even realizing it, then wondering why the disc won't go back in later hahah
Not a newbie, just chose not to run them. No I didnt pull the lever whist it was out.

Gaddmeister":2rb38dyy said:
The History Man":2rb38dyy said:
I maintain the elves' next door tiny bicycles. They bring me apples from their tree in their mini wheelbarrow to say thank you. This makes me happy.

In the past I've done a few in the street. From so to really quite nice actually. All good for neighbourlyness.
And this is how the world should be!

My neighbour across the road's kids are always knocking at my door asking for me to fix their bikes. Actually had my neighbour apologising for it when he found out. Truth be told I don't mind doing it. I was a kid once (now I'm just a big kid) and remember all too well what it was like just wanting to ride a bike but not being able to because something had broken.

Re:

I was coerced into fixing a lilac Raleigh Shopper for a friend of my OH once. What was supposed to be a bit of a service turned into a full OCD style strip down, including checking the sturmey archer hub, replacing the tyres with some NOS original whitewalls, all that kind of thing.

Within a week of returning it poor Wanda (as the bike was known) was accidentally dropped down a couple of flights of stairs in a tower block and destroyed :x

I still enjoy fixing up bikes for others though :facepalm: :LOL:

Re:

So before you sorted the gears it was a fixie called Wanda.

Stairmey Archer?

Re:

The History Man":308hitob said:
So before you sorted the gears it was a fixie called Wanda.

Stairmey Archer?

Gaddmeister":308hitob said:
Stepway to heaven?

Very good... :LOL:

From memory I think two of the three speeds worked when I acquired it, so I suppose it was more of a dinglespeed?

I still remember taking it for spin around Soho once I had finished it (complete with white shopping basket), steaming past some chap on a very expensive carbon road bike in the process. Look on his face was priceless :twisted:

I used to work as an engineer and would walk past an italian bakery with a very attractive assistant. I decided to impress her by building a bicycle out of spaghetti. All of the other apprentices thought I was mad but i always replied

"just wait till she sees me ride pasta"

Back