Retrobike on other platforms? snaptwatagrambook?

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":3lc0suxw said:
FluffyChicken":3lc0suxw said:
Facebook, use it and join some nice groups.

Lock it down so only you or you and you friends can see your posts.

Learn to use the 'feck off' don't want to see these drop down.

Quite basic in use.

How do you do those things, Ben?

Mike

Not that I use it a great deal, but Hans Rey posts quite a lot of stuff to Instagram.

Facebook I try and avoid. Too much of a time thief and FB are just a little bit too creepy.

What's wrong with writing letters to people anyway?! </retrogrouch>

I think first of all you need to work out what you want to achieve, and then work out which platform is best.

Snapchat = 13 year old kids.
What's App = group chat for select group of friends, but you have to be invited to join that group. Totally secure and encrypted as MI5 are finding out.
Instagram = pictures, not really much, if any, conversation.
Facebook = now it's generally an older crowd (my mum and MIL are on it). Quite good for following groups/brands you like, but now full of adverts. Good for orgaisign events.
Twitter = good for instant reactions, following brands.
YouTube - some brands using it to good effect, posting 'content'

only ones I use are facebook adn google plus (which is about as usefull as nothing nowdays, but a couple of friends use it).
Facebook I generally use as a news feed of the stuff/companies I like, all the people can mostly p/o...
but I also use facebook purity, which gets ride of 99% of the utter garbage on there (basically my facebook has just 1 stream of interesting stuff down the center, with all the adds, games...everything else, gone, MUCH better) even all that messange crap.

Re:

Instagram for pics (Twitter for the blurb) and following pros and ex-pros.

Facebook for companies including some of our colleagues here e.g. Second Spin. Most of the groups have burnt out like this site.

YouTube for some superb riding footage and good feels. BKXC and SingleTrackSampler are my current favs.

Back