Retrobike Touring.

Re:

Fantastic photos Splatter paint.

What was the overall route you took as always fancied touring the western side myself?

Re:

Wonderful pictures, I am really missing not being up there this year.

I plan to be there this time next years though, so, something to look forward to.

Re:

Edinburgh > Stirling > Oban > Fort William > Ratagan > Glenbrittle > Garve > Ullapool > ride around Lewis > Ullapool > Inverness

Great trip, SYHAs are very good and most places allowed me to keep the bike inside at night :)

Re:

One question for all you seasoned tourers ?

I have a 2016 Marin Four corners which I have just started light day touring on. I have a small quick release bag on the bars but this leaves no room for my front light, has anyone got any ideas how to get round this ?

Also I have a similar issue with the rear, I have a trunk bag so have no exposed seat post to fit my light to and the rack has no mounting bracket on for lights.

I have decent lights but nowhere to mount them :cry:

Re:

No loop on the front one nor the back :(

And wouldn't the lights flap about, the ones I have are good quality but have the rubber band fitting :?

I have full panniers that I can fit exposing the seat post for the rear light which would free up some space meaning the front bag would not be needed, but didn't want to ride will half empty pannier :facepalm:

Re: Re:

Splatter Paint":1amquarq said:
Edinburgh > Stirling > Oban > Fort William > Ratagan > Glenbrittle > Garve > Ullapool > ride around Lewis > Ullapool > Inverness

Great trip, SYHAs are very good and most places allowed me to keep the bike inside at night :)

Fantastic advert for touring here!

Great to see a bike loaded sensibly too. You see some carrying the kitchen sink for an overnighter, missing the whole point. You excellent pictures capture the freedom wonderfully.

Good daily average too in this terrain.

Let us know next time and we could get tea and cake.

Re: Re:

xerxes":1h3tnrgv said:
No loop on the front one nor the back

And wouldn't the lights flap about, the ones I have are good quality but have the rubber band fitting

If you look around you can find a range of adapters and brackets that allow you to mount lights in alternative locations, for example: http://problemsolversbike.com/products/accessory-mounts

Thanks, that a great website. I shall fit the front and rear panniers and the front bag and see where the brackets can be mounted.

Back