Yeti ARC restoration - My #1 'want' bike since 1991

Re:

Wow, that looks like a (expensive) labour of love. Can't wait for updates, I was a big fan of Yeti in the early 1990's

Nice progress!

What year is that, '96?
And what color will you be powdercoating it?

Enjoy building, and eventually, riding it :cool:!

Re:

Respect for the commitment to getting it right. Ride report needed at some point please :D

Re:

Had FTW perform an identical fix for me. Great that you're getting this thing back out on the trails. Looking forward to seeing progress.

Re:

That's dedication, but hats off to you. I could see myself doing something similar if my team RTS broke. Not quite in the same league in terms of retro coolness, but to me it is.

Looking forward to seeing it along the journey to completeness.

Re:

Hi Tom

So glad you took the plunge and giving it a new lease of life, I'll be following this with a keen interest,

what colour way are you going ? or are you set on going Grey and Turquoise

Spud

Re:

Slackboy,
expensive....eh.
Depends on how much ya want to dedicate to having your dream bike. For an average blue collar working Joe...it's not that bad. The prices were very fair, but in the end it will add up. But hey, what else am I gonna spend my money on? Electric/Tv/misc. utility bills? :D

Double- E F,
From just a quick random search & comparison of other Yetis w/ the same paint job, I've pinned it down to a '96. 100% accurate?... Maybe. But it's close enough for me.

Retro Spud,
Yup doing the grey & turq. Thanks for the all help in our previous correspondence. :cool:

Re:

...just a quickie update.
*I'll post more this long weekend.

So far here's a timeline of how it went down so far.
- frame purchase = June 2015.
- frame repair = Feb 2016.
Just procrastinated, end of year holidays, and normal life stuff took priority.
- frame paint = MAR/MAY 2017.
(Yes, paint is done. Pics to come this weekend.)
The reason for the time gap in painting was because of..
1. Again, normal life/work crap took place and the frame was on the back burner.
2. I was in the talks with Spectrum when they were in the final process not doing bike stuff, but 'may' paint my frame. Good thing I didn't use them. (They were my #1 go-to place that did great work, but once they closed down, not so much.)
3. I was trying to find a painter that had lots of experience in bike painting and had a history of doing Yetis. Since this was my first Yeti restoration, I was very wary. I had found & contacted several places, but they would only take the frame if I was local to their shop and wouldn't ship.
4. Once I found a person to paint & got the quote, I had to save the $$$ to get it done.

....and if you know what this pic is of and where it goes, you will know what part I am going to use.

Attachments

• IMG_8387 n (1)d - Copy.jpg
    IMG_8387 n (1)d - Copy.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 603
oh, I just noticed this was in the 'Retro MTB Chat' section. Is this the right section/category to be in for long term viewing? Any admins or moderations to help me put this in the correct place?

Latest posts

Back