Prescription lenses for cycling shades

FMJ":1jxege0b said:
Which is a load of crap.
Yup, it's just bullish!t isn't it! Seems you can get non-Oakley lenses on their regular glasses, but not for their sunglasses range. At least, not from an Oakley Authorised dealer.

Still, I quite like the Crosslinks above, and with non-Oakley transition lenses, they don't seem too bad a deal. I can't find decent looking no brand frames with similar lenses for much less.

Re:

I have a couple of options.
1. Rudy Project rx insert. Use mine with Rydon frame. Allows interchangeable lenses to be used. Plus I got my optician to glaze them (this gets over the pupil distance measurement, which is not part of the prescription, some big chains get really @rsey with you if you ask for your pd measurement and refuse to give it).

2. I have some prescription irridium Frogskins which I won by playing vision direct bingo. Id always wanted a pair, but being a specify four eyes they just weren't an option. Inherited some money, procrastinated a lot, ordered and paid for them. Lenses are made in California, then get sent to Dublin for QC. Takes ages, when they eventually arrived they were the wrong prescription. Sent back, took even longer, came back correct but with clear lenses. Sent them back, after ages said I've had enough, nearly 5 months want a refund. Vision Express agreed, gave me a refund. 48hrs later they phoned me up. Frogskins were back, and correct, as they were no use to anyone else they gave them to me, along with the clear prescription lenses. So bought a cheap pair of Frogskins online and put clear lenses in (total cost for 2 pairs of rd Frogskins £30).
Whilst playing Vision Express bingo doesn't guarantee a win every time, my wins (from 2 different branches) include rx Imodium Frogskins, rx clear frogskin lenses, prescription pair of Oakley normal glasses, and another pair of prescription specs. With my plunder alone I do wonder how they stay in business.

Back