Ringle Superduper eight Freehub body question?

Awesome... what a relief!

I had same thing on my rearhub... I stand up on the pedal it went 3 full turns.
Now it´s tight and spins freely :D

Re:

I've got the same problem as you and found your post. I read the replys about the freehub not being fully seated. I took mine off to make sure there wasn't anything internal preventing it from seating and it was good. Re-installed it and the same problem returned.

Can you list the processes of what you did and/or how you did it?
Or could you message me about it? Thanks man.

Hi Tomskid27,
see my post on the previous page. Hopefully you have a "new" hub from somewhere, and need to get the ratchet ring in the hub screwed in a little further.

The freehub body (with the pawls) pushes/presses on, and can only seat as far as the bearings meeting their shoulders on the axle. No further. The shoulder set the maximum position if you like.
However, the ratchet ring in the hub that the pawls locate into, is screwed into the hub shell, and I have seen a couple of instances of this not being screwed in far enough, and dragging slightly on the freehub body, and standing it off its shoulders.
Get the ratchet ring all screwed down as far as it will go by standing on the pedals of the drivetrain, andyou should be good to go (asain, as per the post on the previous page).

Re:

Oh, I get it now. Thanks! My hubs are NOS. So once I get the bike built up and put a chain on it, I'll try the trick of standing on the cranks. Wish me luck man.

Thanks elite504! It worked!
I tried the pedal technique and it helped a tiny bit. After 5 minutes, I was like, ok I'm gonna win this fight. Got the bike in front of a wall for bracing against toward movement and stomped down on the crank like a MF'er. I felt it finally give about 1/8"-1/4". And now it's good. You da man!

Back