Cannondale M2000

CharlieG7

Retro Newbie
HI,

Never posted before.

I have just gone through an old shed and found a Cannondale M2000 that I used ride in the mid Nineties. Can anyone tell me what age it is, and whether those bars are standard.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!At9-afRKdz4bgVQxJwc5nZ_84Xpa

Rest of the bike seems standard, but the LH shifter for the from rings doesn't pull - can you still get parts?

May think of selling, where is the best place to sell?

Thanks in advance

Re:

Pics will help both in determining age and value. Also size and whether you're prepared to post.

Re:

The handlebars seem original, Cannondale mounted barends with a similar shape on their 92/93 topnotch models. I think they were labelled "XYZ". The frameset and groupset are both interesting. If you're prepared to dismantle the bike and package and post the stuff there will be some people interested​ here.
I'd advise to keep at least the frame + forks + headset + brake cables and small parts together. And combine all Shimano xt parts together as a groupset.

If I want to sell, but not too handy at dismantling, is this website a good place to sell the whole bike? If so, how do I determine a good price? Or do I leave that to Ebay?

Re:

If you don't want to dismantle it Ebay is not really an option. You can offer it locally. If you're in the UK there are probably some retrobikers here on the forum that live near you.
If you want to sell quickly, 150 - 175 pound seems right to me.
Just put it in the for sale section and mention your location.

I'm in Jersey, but at a decent price happy to post (I can sort the VAT over here so no one get's stung if they buy it)

Sounds like I'm better off dismantling. Will think about it.

Thanks

Back