Seatpost size guesswork is history.

Mr Universe

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi Guys n Girls,

Not sure if this is quite in the right place, :| , but hey ! its bike related and thought it would be useful to some of you :)

I have some nice digital verniers that I would normally use on frames to measure seatpost diameter's ,... but stumbled across this whilst surfin the net..

:cool: , Now going into the essentials tool kit box :)

I really like these measuring tube's, as they sit right into the seatpost tube on the frame :) , so far its been top notch and accurate, I'd assume heavy workshop use may start to wear the plastic tubes over time, but for home workshop use their perfect :)

If any one fancies a go, I bought mine via eBay and was around £ 16, if I can find the link again I'll post it up.. :)

Ian

Re:

These....?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cyclo-Tools-S ... 1384040085

Just what I needed earlier and didn't have!

:facepalm: Kaz! ,, typical , isn't it :LOL: :LOL: (hope your well btw :))

I'm a little concerned now as I remembered within a penny how much this cost :| , must be the feminine side of me watching the pennies :LOL:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

:LOL: :LOL:

Yes, very well, hope you are too. Very busy with work, shouldn't complain but it's interfering with bike building time.... :facepalm:

My old LBS had a metal set of these at least 25 years ago... they're very good, but only if the tube is round. If it's been squashed a little then they don't work too well as they'll only give you the "small" diameter measurement.

Re:

I had one of them! Maybe not quite that sophisticated, but the 'pin' got jammed in the seat tube, I got a little....cross with it, it broke off and is still rattling around in a Zaskar somewhere :LOL: :LOL:

integerspin":2f2oixhn said:
I guess using an ID mic is going a bit far;-)

Much better, eliminates the possibility that a too small post has been used and it's make the clamp section smaller.

Back