Bike postage recommendations

cmmolloy1

Devout Dirtbag
I'm looking to post a bike. It's all boxed up and ready to go but I don't know who will courier a boxed bike. Any recommendations and likely prices please? It's not an expensive bike so economy postage would be preferred. Thanks

send it now = royal mail / parcelforce but a bit cheaper. ~£35 for a large box.
paisley freight generally use DPD or TNT or similar, ~£25 for a bike.

Dont forget insurance too if its worth anything you want to consider protecting it for damage

Re: Re:

cmmolloy1":8uyhw10v said:
Less than £15!! Wooohooo my kinda courier. Sorry...

yeah you can squeeze a frame in for £15 but a whole bike is too big, they call it as LARGE and you have to have it collected by them rather than drop it off at the PO. If you try to send a whole bike for £15 they will stop it and say its too big.

Re:

Sorry, Rick-think you're mistaken-but I've sent HUNDREDS of FULL bikes packed to fit in Halfords full-bike boxes, they go by weight (UP TO 30KG) and I've never had a problem (even though most of mine go 'overseas' to mainland UK)...and you CAN drop them off to your PO too (if you can print your own labels-for pickup you dont need to...) it even saves you an extra £1.50 to drop them off (you still have to book/pay through the site). Think this basic service has up to 50 or 100 squid insurance included, up to a few hundred will still cost less tham 20 from memory.

Re: Re:

mullinino":2zir3q3g said:
Senditnow are actually less than £15 48hr delivery....just sayin'.....

It seems you are in N.I., do semd it now operate in GB?

Re:

I've arranged send it now to collect a bike for £12.19 delivered to my door and sent one,dropping off at the po for £11.35. Also using freebie Halfrauds boxes. Have you been sending penny farthings? :D They don't advertise. Google it.

Back