XT v-brake spacers

kase1983

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
hey all

does anyone know where i can get the spacers that sit under the barrel holder?

Attachments

• IMG_2140.JPG
    IMG_2140.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 481
Re:

I didn't know there was supposed to be a spacer in there, there's nothing there on my levers.

I'm not really sure what the purpose of the roller in a slot is, I guess it would slightly increase the power and reduce cable pull as the lever is squeezed, but I can't say that I can feel much difference when compared to the Deore levers, without the slotted roller, that I have on another bicycle.

Re:

To be honest I think you will have to find a donor pair of levers. Alternatively, if you have one you could make some out of green stuff (epoxy resin that modellers use, blue and yellow playdough type stuff that mix's together and will set hard).

Re: Re:

xerxes":237039nt said:
I didn't know there was supposed to be a spacer in there, there's nothing there on my levers.

I'm not really sure what the purpose of the roller in a slot is, I guess it would slightly increase the power and reduce cable pull as the lever is squeezed, but I can't say that I can feel much difference when compared to the Deore levers, without the slotted roller, that I have on another bicycle.

It's like the Avid speed dial - frankly I'd think that at the bottom (closest to the lever pivot) it would be almost the same as a canti lever.

Re:

To the OP, have you tried them without the spacer doo-hickey? Given that I can't really feel much difference, you may find that you're quite happy using them without it too.

Back