prevent cable rub - ideas?

02gf74

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Gear cables on my cannondale are rubbing on headshok gaitor so looking for ideas on how to lift them and keep in place.

Like they are now, they will wear through so although its not expensive to replace, maybe atenner, its a sod to fit as the original gaitors were larger.

Thinking along the lines of a self adhesive cable tie base oart stuck or glued to headtube.

Ive tried tieing them together and to the brake hose but they will slowly slip down to their current position.

Attachments

• CAM00449-1.jpg
    CAM00449-1.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 861
....... .and whilst on the subject of headshok forks, what can i use to fit in the underside of the fork crown to cover the air valve. Right now im using black insulation tape.

I think they would be better if they were slightly shorter runs on the outer cable.

As for the forks try searching for bungs on ebay ;)

kermitgreenkona88":zeqd3ayd said:
I think they would be better if they were slightly shorter runs on the outer cable.:

That would be my starting point also, I can see frame save tap on the frame, I'm guessing that was the original position of the cables and was there to stop them rubbing the frame.

Aside from the time its a zero cost modification, and they do look way to baggy to me as they are.

Re:

Definitely shorter cables. You can also get some plastic gizmo that attaches two cables together but allows rotation, might help as well. Can't recall what they are called though, sorry.

+1 for trimming outers.

Or you could wrap the gaiter in the fur of a neighbour's cat? :LOL:

re: cables too long got me thinking.

I trim cables to minimum length so that isn't going to be it but looking at it further, the problem may be self-inflicted as originally the cable crossed over under the down tube. I refitted so they don't and the problem I have is due to the stiffness of the outer.

I'm not rerouting so back to original question of how to lift them?

Back