brake boosters

Re:

Probably a stupid question but I've never had them so how much of a difference do they make? just going to be building a bike up for mayhem and wondering if these will help in any way

Re:

Probably depends on the frame as to how much they impact, but they prevent the stays (or fork legs up front) from flexing as much, so in theory you get more braking power. I've got them on the rear of most of my bikes, some for aesthetic reasons but others you can really see the stays flexing under braking, and this is reduced significantly with a booster. Also, magura have been using them for decades on their brakes as they are powerful and really do flex the frame.

Re:

The difference in stopping power is noticeable to me, especially up front, I'm running a rigid ti fork with avid v brakes, I would have to grip much harder and farther to achieve the stopping power I have now with the fybrelyte booster. I know they say most stopping power is up front but I definitely want to try a rear one. Since I'm going much faster than the average ti mtb (road cranks lol)i want as much stopping power.
It definitely reduces flex .

Re:

I know it has been a while but I will share some pics.

Attachments

• acor_lizard1.jpg
    acor_lizard1.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 145
  • acor_lizard2.jpg
    acor_lizard2.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 145
Back