Double build: Zaskar and P7 RS

As well as finding a new front mech I'm thinking about adding a black seatpost and stem to this one, as well as black cabling... I'll probably see how much riding it gets first.

Yep! i would just suck it and see for now mate although i do like the seatpost and stem and cabling as they are but it's a personal thing at the end of the day so that's down to you mate ..

I'm not too keen on the yellow cables but like the rest. Part of me thinks a black stem would look nice, which means matching the post up. We'll see...

I suppose the yellow cables don't quite fit into place as well as the other parts so i do see your point T regards going black although i'm thinking maybe a grey would suit but their is going to be a lack of contrast against the frame and although i do love the blue post and stem black does tend to look solid and goes with anything so it's a case of visualising the cables and stem and post in black and mulling it over for a while .

I'll stick some black outers on first and will see where that ends up. I like having the colour on there, although I'm not keen on the seatpost other than its blueness... I have some black rigid forks that might end up on this, in which case I'll go black stem and seatpost. They're disc only though so I'd end up with discs on the front... not sure i want that!

Okay mate go and fit the black cable outers on then and see where that takes your lline of thought , well other than a black seat post i dunno what other colour would look good unless you half paint a black seat post some other choice of colour ie; lime ...

Hmm! disc only forks would look weird imho but i've seen it done a few times so unless you could find a pair of forks on the bay for next to nothing then you may end up just giving it ago with what you've got ..

I think it's most likely I'll either stick to this front end or put the manitou's back on- i never did get that stem back so maybe that would push me over the edge. For now I'm going to change the outers (probably) and stick with where i am. Might also look at repairing the mech hanger one way or another... and I'd quite like a more traditional front and rear mech but that can wait.

I like the maniou's for looks but tbh it's down to which you find upto the job better and i'd forgotten about that stem mate as that seems such along time ago ,,

Don't be hesitant about chaging the outer cables just go ahead and do it as you know you really want to and yes tackle that hanger or it's just gonna bug you if you don't mate and yes the more traditional mechs are certainly more appealing or it just might be us old skool types that love holding onto the past designs so like you say theirs nothing urgent about going down that route just yet but it certainly something to look forward to doing later on ..

More messing and riding today- I'm going to keep the coloured stem, bars and post (for now at least) and have settled on grey for the cables.

tIB":f8yt8lwc said:
More messing and riding today- I'm going to keep the coloured stem, bars and post (for now at least) and have settled on grey for the cables.

What do mean by messing ie; doing broadies , trackstands and bunny hops or tinkering n fettling ? ..

Well tbh their's no urgency to change the bars , stem and seat post so you can do that in your own good time mate ;) .

Tis a good colour choice on the cables tbh as their not over bright and in your face and also not dull looking either so that's the route i'd go down plus you'll still get a nice contrast so it's a win win T ;) ..

Latest posts

Back