Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Bontrager Fan
Feedback
View
Hi folks,

Just a curiosity this one.
A friend of mine bought one cheap recently, and I see others for sale equally cheap. Why? When other models are ridiculously expensive.

Mike

Re:

Were they a post Trek buy out model, or the last one Klein made when no longer in their heyday....? Never been a big Klein fan at all but the Pulse is the one I remember wanting to own back in '97 when I got back into it all again!

Re:

i think its not the model the fans like. its not the one id buy. good frames. But the world wants the attitude, adroit and rascal. pre trek

Re:

I think it's pretty similar in a lot of respects to the bigger hitters, without the bullshit. So no silly head tube, a bottom bracket that allows you to run any cranks you want, paint jobs were plain so you didn't mind riding them. The only 'loss' is the internal cable routing imho. Oh, and i used to own a gator fade rascal, so not bitching, just my opinion based on experience.

The "pulse" actueally is pre trek, has pretty much all the features of the more expensive frames but a 1 1/8 standard headset. It has the pressed in bottom bracket bearings, internal cable guids, boxed chainstays, chain control device, microdropouts, smooth welds, very very durable and tough paint.

The "pulse 2" is "post trek", but the frame ist still the same. No Changes that I know of.

The "pulse comp" then lost pretty much all klein features. No more internal cables, no fancy tubing (except the rear triangle), no pressfit bb, no more nice welds. Still good frames, but nothing special any more. Just another trek frame with a klein badge.

I dont know why the pulse frames go that cheap, as for me those are the best Klein frames at that time. But thats just me liking the suspension fork choice. One of those boxed forks would kill me, I guess. They're pure race machines

And now that I think about it, the pulse frames are sold for 250 Euros, thats not bad for a frame that old. The pulse 2 sells for 200, the comp models for 150. They just dont cost those silly prices of a attitude garage queen. Those are considered art. So no sane rules apply... :D

Re: Re:

tintin40":3bt9m3li said:
i think its not the model the fans like. its not the one id buy. good frames. But the world wants the attitude, adroit and rascal. pre trek

With the fancy paintjobs.

Ive just sold a mantra, which itself isnt a liked model, nor is it in that pre-trek class. But the paint on it was lovely all the same :cool: Dependent on how you looked at it id could be blue or purple.

Shame about the ejector seat design though.

Back