Flat pedals

Alison

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I know little about them but would like suggestions to what to get for my daughters bike

Thanks

Alison

how much do you want to spend, also how retro? DMR V8's seem pretty good for reasonable price and look like ye oldie shimano DX BMX pedals

The welgo platforms are also decent for the money... but...

Unless you're going 100% period, get some Nukeproof neutrons - they're epic.

Re:

I guess the key question would be for what age and what kind of cycling. You really can't go wrong with classic DMR V8s, or the fantastic V12s which have a slimmer profile but offer a generous sure-footed platform. They're easy to use, great with most trainers or skater pumps and they're bombproof. There's also the V6 which is in the same style but with a tough plastic/nylon pedal in a multitude of colours and easy on the wallet. The thing with some flat pedals is the 'aggressiveness' of the pins – some pedals can be like cheese graters on shins but I've never suffered this with DMRs. If you think you're going to run into trouble whilst riding along, you can quickly take a foot off the pedal and bail out if ever needed. After using DMRs for years, I'd never go back to the oddly named clipless pedals system which require pricey shoes to clip in.

Re:

I feel shoe choice is more important than pedal choice, (yet another plug for 5 10s here) but any of the above would make a fine combination, plus Wellgo MG1 in magnesium will save a lot of weight.

Re: Re:

makster":25uahb99 said:
The Superstar pedals are nice. Think they've got 20% off at the moment too

I do like Superstar's stuff and have a few bits, but they always seem to be out of stock of things – I never managed to get hold of the old design of Nanotechs, which I prefer to the current ones.

Back