1998/99/00 Finishing Kit

letmetalktomark

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Morning Y'All,

The last complete bike I bought was back in December 1998 (It was a 1999 model).

Its finishing kit was a mix of OEM and Ritchey.

I sort of lost track of what was "around" then in terms of finishing kit.

I have a build on the back burner where the frame originates from the very late 90s.

I need (this isn't a wanted ad - well just yet ;) ):

Stem ➡️ Currently in the spares box are a couple of Syncros stems but I think they pre date this era despite being ahead.
Bars ➡️ Ideally like to get some risers
Seatpost ➡️ Currently and SDG post but I don't think they cam in until noughties

Hoping this to be a lightweight build as its a SS specific build so hoping not to go down the early "jump" components route as some of them had their own gravitational pull! :LOL:

As always your help is much appreciated :cool:

Cheers,

MArk

Re:

Kind of in the same boat myself with a couple of potential builds. I was looking through a few ads on eBay and came up with things like X-Lite, Club Roost, Amoeba, Art, Profile....and when did Race Face start to make an appearance in terms of bars/stems?

All of which ties in with what I remember lusting after in a local bike shop around about then :cool:

Thanks Dude.

I had always thought of X Lite as being mid 90s.

I had forgotten all about Club Roost. Now I want a riser bar with a brace ...... no wait I said lightweight ..... but a braced bar would be so cool .....

Profile is a good call.

Its a shame I'm sure On One cleared a load of stuff out like this a while back :(

Thanks Dude.

I had always thought of X Lite as being mid 90s.

I had forgotten all about Club Roost. Now I want a riser bar with a brace ...... no wait I said lightweight ..... but a braced bar would be so cool .....

Profile is a good call.

Its a shame I'm sure On One cleared a load of stuff out like this a while back :(

Re:

Well, I'm sat here waiting out Storm Doris, so going through some old catalogs....I've one here from late '97, so assuming this stuff was still available in '98 at least....

There's loads of X Lite, Club Roost riser with brace bar is available in all sorts of colours but weighs a hefty 375gms.... :shock:

Roox, Azonic? Some of the Azonic stuff like the ORC stem was pretty light, I know as I still have one! It wasn't all DH cube like stems. Club Roost features a lot across the board, but how about USE or Selcof for a light weight seat post? :D

As already said, Mombat is a good source of parts and years. The archive catalogue section on here is also useful :)

Mark

Back