Shipping a bike from Canada to UK

Last thing......If you know anyone going to your destination.....It's only going to cost you $200 CDN and they can claim it as luggage!!!!

Thanks for all the replies - I've not been getting notifications so wasn't aware there had been any more!

Another question relating to this is how much import duty & tax will I have to pay once it arrives in the UK? I've tried to the online calculators but you have to sign up to use them.

Re:

Not quite Canada, but I think it was upstate New York, I had a heavy steel frameset sent over (frame, forks, stem, BB, plus cantis) using USPS and the shipping cost was about £130. Customs was just over £30.

I had a similar package sent over from LA, less forks but again using USPS and the shipping cost was about £80, with customs just over £40 (?).

I was once quoted $539 by the seller for the shipping of a complete bike from Boulder - and that bike is still for sale - I just think the seller didn't want to send to the UK!

I would therefore expect 'reasonable' postage to be around $200 + c.20% for customs charge.

Re:

past experience, no less than about $170 CAD for shipping internationally (not including US) with CanadaPost, but that has been a while so rates may have gone up.

and that's with the SLOWEST surface service and would not include tracking/insurance. costs will double if required, by air is insane.

also you won't be able to fit a complete bike as size limits as the package becomes too big. best case is you can ship a complete bike without wheelset in one package.

import customs/duties depends on how you declare the parcel and it's value, and of course subject to the evaluation by customs. if you are not planning on insuring the value, than a lower value can be marked on it to try to reduce import fees.

Back