Kona Lava Dome Splatter Paint - Price?

PeterPerfect

Senior Retro Guru
I'm going to sell my Yellow Splatter paint Kona Lava Dome on here. It's fairly small 14.5 or 15 inch with a 19 or 20 inch top tube dependent on how you measure these. Original paint with original forks and plenty of original kit on it. It's in VGC. Not really my thing even though it rides surprisingly well. Lovely original dark grey Mavic rims and Deore/Suntour 7 speed group set.

I don't want to over price it on here to a fellow member but don't really want to post but will if pushed so that limits my options for it.

Ball park figure?

Re: Name

Well with a name like that you should know.

I'll try and list it tomorrow if I have time. I need a bit more for it than that. I reckon the Mavics that are with it would fetch £60 - £70 as they're top notch.

Thanks for the steer.

Re: Re:Year

Splatter Paint":2nqs70il said:
I think I sold mine for between £70 - £90. Maybe £120 if it is really tidy and original?

Any idea what year these were produced or is it based on the frame number?

Re: Name

PeterPerfect":1qq5dxwr said:
Well with a name like that you should know.

I'll try and list it tomorrow if I have time. I need a bit more for it than that. I reckon the Mavics that are with it would fetch £60 - £70 as they're top notch.

Thanks for the steer.

Original equipment was Araya single-wall (shite) rims. I've got a spare set in the garage in case I ding one on my Fire Mountain. I've had 4 1990 Fire Mountains, two 1990 Lava Domes, a 1990 Cinder Cone and and a 1989 Explosif. I sold all but kept one 1990 Fire Mountain - once I got over my addiction!

SP

Re:

Red, white and mustard splatter are all 1990. Serial numbers start F90 possibly F89.

The 1990 geometry is WAY better than 1989. Having raced both models solo for 24 hours (and placed in the top quarter of the field) I can say that with experience. :D

Re: Re:

Splatter Paint":2t2lsnwh said:
Red, white and mustard splatter are all 1990. Serial numbers start F90 possibly F89.

The 1990 geometry is WAY better than 1989. Having raced both models solo for 24 hours (and placed in the top quarter of the field) I can say that with experience. :D

Sorry for the hijack, but this is new information to me, I've been looking for a date on my Art Dept. custom painted Explosif, it has a serial # starting T90, any clue on the year?

BBserial_zpsefg7nuxh.jpg

More about it here: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... p;t=363794

Back