A ringer!! (the thrill of the chase)

Re:

Still well worth the money!
The mudguard / pannier eyelets on the rear drop out is a give away regarding the frames provenance ;)

Re:

Thanks ShawnB! Seeing your bike list, interested to know whether the Issue has the same?

I HAD thought they were the same frame, (T.Marin and T.Issue) but I note from the 94 catalogue that the BB shells are slightly different?

Is the BB shell actually part of the frame? I'm not sure what it means...

Different shells = different frames.

A double butted shell will be relieved in the middle, between the threads. The other one will just be a straight piece of tube.

Re:

^ I'm sure that's correct, in '93 the team Marin was £980 ish and the team issue £1380. That's a lot of difference just between XT and xtr so I'd guess the frame's although the same material had a little extra work on the issue to justify that extra cost.
Still very good underarrated frames ;)

Re:

Looks to me that you have a '94 Team Marin badged with '95 stickers. Late to the party i know but a good purchase nonetheless.

Re:

So it seems like the '94 year difference between the team and team issue was the team was painted and they nickel plated the issue.... new to me, I had a '94 team issue in nickel finish.

Re:

again helps give some of that cost difference justification - I presume the plating process is a sight more expensive...

Re: Re:

pondweed":2ht9cxc4 said:
Anyone know what paint I should be sourcing? I think I'll touch up and rub back to match. Things like chainstays need refinishing properly.

I found Fiat Steel grey to be a close match.

Re: Re:

PopsTrippin":b54dwgob said:
I found Fiat Steel grey to be a close match.
aha thanks - having just found another resto post, would you say that the Lexus/Toyota Dorado Gold recommendation might be for a different bike year/paint shade, or did you compare the two paints?
I may have to take my forks off and take them into Halfords...

Re:

Trial and error led me to fiat paint bud.. I took my forks to halfrauds too ha :facepalm:

But saying that i've just seen a Mini Clubman drive past that had a similar colour :roll:
My old '94 Team Issue with painted forks.. i eventually stickered it up in '93 livery.

Back