Really annoying ads

Re:

On my laptop, I got so frustrated by this in the end, that I downloaded AdBlocker Plus. Sure it's not good for the site, but it became the only way I could actually view what I needed to without distraction.

It's free, takes seconds to download, and it also made by laptop so much faster I couldn't believe it....

Same here. The way that the ads load also make the site jump all over the place and result in you thinking you've clicked on one thing, but you find something completely different opens instead. I used to run a web development team and this can be avoided, just needs a bit of thought when implementing the ads, which bring in revenue for this site. I have avoided as blocking, but it is getting more infuriating. The mobile version isn't that great so prefer the desktop, even with the issues.

Just to add, I can't see board preferences either so can't confirm if changing the board style solves the problem. Must be a permissions thing, with certain users able to see this over others?

The website starting displaying ads around 2013 & registered users were given the opportunity to change their preferences, so they could choose to see the ads or not & how to do it. Users registering after the ads came were not given the option & seeing that nearly if not all Users in this thread registered before the cut off I can't understand what has gone wrong.

The only thing that has gone wrong for me recently is false positive email notifications on thread replies & pm's.

I am using Chrome on Android & Edge browser on Win 10.

Latest posts

Back