Help Identifying This Marin Frame

Thanks guys. Holding down the removal socket with a bolt is something I would've not thought about. For now, I'm soaking it with PB Blaster. As much as it's exciting, I have to finish up my other 2 projects that I started. And btw, this would be my 4th Marin!

7z4asqu.jpg

Is there a chance that you guys are wrong about the direction?

After about 3 days of soaking it in solvent it won't move.

What you see is the frame upside down and a wrench attached which I'd push down counter-clock wise.

thats correct. non drive side anti clockwise. get a extenstion on you wrench, a seat post might slip over and give you a bit more. it will come out.

you can try turning it the other way too justbtonsee if it moves and break the bonds a bit.

gòod luck

Re:

Penetrative fluids won't help here anyway, as there is no path through the bond.

Extreme heat and cold may help though. I haven't had a seatpost, etc.. removal job in ages but, I use freeze spray, that a plumber would use to stop water pressure.

Anyway, I digress. The rotation direction is correct, you just need to go for it, when you get an eighth of a turn, then bang some penetrative spray in....repeat...

Success!

I had to stomp my foot on the wrench and after a loud crack, it turned and the rest I did it by hand.

dDNPUaW.jpg

Back