PotM : 'Freeze' : January-February 2017

FluffyChicken

Archivist
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
PotM : 'Freeze' : January - February 2017

Simple rules.
It is about the picture, not the bike. Still a retro bike or part needs to be in it.

Guidelines...
As it's designed to get you out there taking photos, these are the guidelines...

*Photo should be 'newly' taken for the contest or recently within the past months.

*It is just for fun and it would be nice if you have a little bit of information about your picture.

*Even better if you don't play around with it in an editor other than a crop and straighten.
(But state if you have edited in different ways so we can learn what you can do)

Get out, get creative, have a laugh.
*Tell us where, when and whatnots about your picture.

There may be a poll, there may not be. But enjoy the pictures :)

So now you have rules other than in op? Maybe retro maybe not, maybe a vote maybe not?

The History Man":oltyn4gr said:
So now you have rules other than in op? Maybe retro maybe not, maybe a vote maybe not?

Do you wish me to not bother with these?
There has been one clear rule from the start of PotM and that is a retobike bike or part is needed in the picture. It is in the opening post and always has been for as long as I have known.

I'm not going to force him to change the bike, I don't really care, but it's not the idea of a RetroBike PotM.
Maybe if there are 10odd people posting pictures and a pole was worth running then it wouldn't be entered, but I doubt that'll happen.

Just enjoy producing and looking at the pictures :)

Well everything seems fluid? If it's fluid that's a rule. If it's not for some things but it is for others write it into the rules and say which is what and when.

It's not potm then just a share your pics thread. You can't have a potm without a judge or panel or vote. I want a refund on my subscription.

OCD really kicking in now.

Going for a lie down.

Re:

I think History Man is right, it needs to be one thing or the other. If it's POTM then it needs to have a poll, regardless of the number of entries. Otherwise just turn it in to a "show us your nice pic's with theme X" thread.
Can one of the Mod's not sticky this for you if that is part of the problem?

Re:

The problem is it's not worth doing with five entries, there is just no point.
Putting a post up (and here it is two months now and probably will be in future) with a poll and the pictures and titles is the time consuming part.
Few people vote, nobody gets anything,not even a banner.

So yes a Picture (Theme) of the Month(s) show it is now at its current rate.

Don't want to put up a picture and have a bit of fun trying to think of something and have people just look at it then don't. Easy.

Last Nov had 5 people enter
Last Jan's never even had a post made to it.

Nope mods tend not to be too worried about the posts, they are busy following pointless arguments and deleting spam.

It's just the normal group of people here now that keep it going.

Back