RC200 Singlespeed project - FINISHED PHOTOS

Re:

It does indeed look awesome :cool:

I have some SS dropouts for my Pace, after seeing this I might SS it later this year :)

Re: Re:

jimo746":dx1ph8nj said:
It does indeed look awesome :cool:

I have some SS dropouts for my Pace, after seeing this I might SS it later this year :)

Thanks, am most flattered. The SS conversion is so brilliant on the Pace and the removable dropouts just make it look so factory.

Re:

Make sure you do that QR up nice and tight, if you've got big legs you might find it twisting in the dropouts when you put the real power down

A bolt up axle would be a better option if you have problems...

Looks sweet though, so clean and functional :)

gil_m":3e5jyzfz said:
Make sure you do that QR up nice and tight, if you've got big legs you might find it twisting in the dropouts when you put the real power down

Looks sweet though, so clean and functional :)

I know exactly what you mean, even though I have sparrow's legs I used to have similar problems on my Langster when I hadn't done the bolt up enough with my spanner,...remember them?!

To be honest, the cam on the Hope skewer is so good that I haven't had any problems at all. I toyed with fitting a chaintug but it just doesn't need it.

Thanks for the compliments on the clean look, exactly what I was striving for. Looks stunning in the flesh as you get a better idea of the component choice and their materials, etc....

gil_m":2gomb9ul said:

Why not simply fit chain tugs if there is a problem? Bolt-up axles are weaker than hollow QR ones as they are not in compression.

The dropouts were designed to be used without chain tugs, as there is very little space around the area and I didn't want to make a hugely long dropout..

By "bolt up" axle I mean like a Hope or King axle with a large Allen headed bolt that goes into an oversized axle...Not a nutted/threaded axle ;)

02gf74":27y3q720 said:
Do you ride down and up (advanced level) those steps in your garden?
[/quote]

Ha ha, not on the Pace, no, or indeed the racing bike but always fun to pop a manual down them on the big rig. Am not sure my wife would be too impressed if I tried riding up them!!

Latest posts

Back