Who got the Orange Formula then?

So Did it actually sell in the end....???[/quote]

?? well whoever has bought it has obviously kept tight lipped, am assuming its not a retrobiker, but who knows, seems a little strange someone's willing to part with close to a grand and not want to share.. But am sure the buyer has there own reasons, still its a real shame I was looking forward to seeing it being transformed on here! :(

Cheshire1980":uqgc1idq said:
So Did it actually sell in the end....???

?? well whoever has bought it has obviously kept tight lipped, am assuming its not a retrobiker, but who knows, seems a little strange someone's willing to part with close to a grand and not want to share.. But am sure the buyer has there own reasons, still its a real shame I was looking forward to seeing it being transformed on here! :([/quote]

this was my thoughts exactly.

A lot on Nonsense with this bike, multiple threads, multiple prices etc etc.

Hence why i asked Fattiman directly on this thread as he was the seller.

Re:

Still no news... Shame.. I was hoping someone would of posted something up by now.. am a bit deflated with it all. Never mind should of sold my hair, kidneys and anything else I could of got hold of and bought the dam thing.. :LOL:

Or better still just ride the bikes I've got and enjoy them! :cool:

Re: Re:

Cheshire1980":fr27a0oj said:
Still no news... Shame.. I was hoping someone would of posted something up by now.. am a bit deflated with it all. Never mind should of sold my hair, kidneys and anything else I could of got hold of and bought the dam thing.. :LOL:

I think if it wasnt being bid up to hit the price and it did sell.... Fattiman would have responded by Now.

Cool Orange in BOTM by the way.

Re: Re:

sinnerman":5rip196k said:
Cheshire1980":5rip196k said:

I think if it wasnt being bid up to hit the price and it did sell.... Fattiman would have responded by Now.

Cool Orange in BOTM by the way.

Yes I think your right, just hope someone does a great build thread on it, as it rightly deserves! And not be hidden in someone's bunker, I mean garage, never to be seen again :facepalm:
Thanks for the kind comment regarding the Clockwork...

Re:

I'm a sucker for Orange. Never hide 'em – spread the love. I take mine to the streets for everyday use and I love spotting others out there. It may be a retrobike but it's also a mode of transport for me too.

This is aimed squarely at sinnerman. Ever since the bike was posted on here you have deliberately and purposefully tried to undermine the sale and introduce a negative vibe to proceedings. This is no coincidence since you were offered the bike some years ago for a very reasonable sum of money and chose to decline. Now in hindsight you obviously wish you had bought it and can't bare to see it in somebody else's hands. Can you keep your negative and derogatory comments/assumptions/opinions to yourself please rather than trying to deliberately undermine proceedings. In short: if you haven't got anything constructive to say keep your mouth shut! It sold.

fattiman":r30xonu2 said:
This is aimed squarely at sinnerman. Ever since the bike was posted on here you have deliberately and purposefully tried to undermine the sale and introduce a negative vibe to proceedings. This is no coincidence since you were offered the back some years ago for a very reasonable sum of money and chose to decline. Now in hindsight you obviously wish you had bought it and can't bare to see it in somebody else's hands. Can you keep your negative and derogatory comments/assumptions/opinions to yourself please rather than trying to deliberately undermine proceedings. In short: if you haven't got anything constructive to say keep your mouth shut! It sold.

Well Done Fattiman. An answer that I'm relieved to hear.

No one has done anything of the sort.

The sad fact is I did know a lot more about the bike and if my memory serves, you were very glad to hear the facts of the bike on your threads prior to your editing, when you were unsure of the model or the tubing type, or any of its history and better still its provenance.

I am surprised at your comments given your massive attempts to take advantage of all the information you gleaned from members here in an attempt to sell the bike for more than a £1000 pounds profit to those fellow members.

If I had wanted to rubbish your sale I would have indeed enlighten people to the true condition of the frame and bike as I saw it. I did not. In fact I was very conservative as I did hope someone with a love for it would take it on. This certainly wasn't you given your very bad form on multiple threads inmho. and it wasn't mine either, I never had any intention or want to take on the bike or its work or the cost involved, at any price I was offered it back then or indeed any profit you ended up gaining from it this time round.

I just hoped it went to safer hands than yours.

Thank you for answering the simple question.

Its Safe Now where ever it is.

Your opinion counts for nothing IMHO. Bad form in multiple threads!?? There you go again with the slander, you really need to stop that.
"My worry is what lies underneath the paint and inside the tubes. Without tube replacement its £500 frame and fork refurb imho. If it needs tubes (as mentioned in PM, the skys the limit)."
You don't know what I paid for the bike so stop making assumptions about profit.
You don't know anything about my hands and how safe they are old sport! Let's leave it at that as I am sure it's just a miss understanding.

Back