where in NZ is Carmen SanDiago ?

RETRO NAME ACTUAL NAME LOCATION
BigSud Chris Kapiti

Just bumping this to top by asking if I saw one of you (above) today.

I was sitting on the seawall in Frank Kitts park at lunchtime and a San Andreas rode past - Twice! The kids were in tow, looked like a fun family cruise.

In case there are lots in Wellington, this particular San An had Judy SLs, Salsa Flip-Offs, and was of the same 93-ish bent dérailleur tube era as my own.

Was it anyone on here?

BigSud":3to5s55n said:
RETRO NAME ACTUAL NAME LOCATION
BigSud Chris Kapiti

Just bumping this to top by asking if I saw one of you (above) today.

I was sitting on the seawall in Frank Kitts park at lunchtime and a San Andreas rode past - Twice! The kids were in tow, looked like a fun family cruise.

In case there are lots in Wellington, this particular San An had Judy SLs, Salsa Flip-Offs, and was of the same 93-ish bent dérailleur tube era as my own.

Was it anyone on here?

Sorry not me. I wish.
Anyone picked up any nice old stuff recently?
I've just been selling of late 2 x Trek y frames and a K2 4000:facepalm:
There will be more bikes to come I'm sure.
Regards
Rich

Re:

rrrroberts Gareth Blenheim

Thought this thread need a bump. Been on RB a while but not seen this thread, though I have possibly bought stuff from several of you and also registered my Pace RC200 with Rich in Welly.

Got into mountain bikes in 1990, not keen on much that happened after 8 speed came in. Having said that daily riders are 2002 Pace RC200 F8 and 2002 Santa Cruz Superlight, both with modern 1x10/1x11 gear.

Also got a couple of Kleins, an 85 Fat Chance, Marin Team Titanium, Fisher CR7 and Montare (CR7 in a shop in uk), Serotta T-Max and a pile of other Marins, DBs, a Kona, a Schwinn, a Scott G-Zero and random stuff. Most are in pieces for easy storage, but a few riders. Any other NZ retrobikers out there?

Finally, sorry for not getting in touch with richiemurray about 1" forks (trademe) only found the brace yesterday.

Re: Re:

rrrroberts":26qyb8op said:
rrrroberts Gareth Blenheim

Thought this thread need a bump. Been on RB a while but not seen this thread, though I have possibly bought stuff from several of you and also registered my Pace RC200 with Rich in Welly.

Got into mountain bikes in 1990, not keen on much that happened after 8 speed came in. Having said that daily riders are 2002 Pace RC200 F8 and 2002 Santa Cruz Superlight, both with modern 1x10/1x11 gear.

Also got a couple of Kleins, an 85 Fat Chance, Marin Team Titanium, Fisher CR7 and Montare (CR7 in a shop in uk), Serotta T-Max and a pile of other Marins, DBs, a Kona, a Schwinn, a Scott G-Zero and random stuff. Most are in pieces for easy storage, but a few riders. Any other NZ retrobikers out there?

Finally, sorry for not getting in touch with richiemurray about 1" forks (trademe) only found the brace yesterday.

Hey mate,

To be honest I've not been on here for a while, but great to see this thread back up and running. Your fleet sounds amazing!! Almost worthy of a show room for us here in NZ! Get some pictures up for us to have a look at.

I'm based up in the Waikato now but used to be Wellington. Think I had a few dealings with Rich when I was there.

Cheers

Hey Guys,

Been awhile since I posted here too. Generally just check the MTB for Sale forum.

Given that there's only a small retrobike group here in NZ and that there's little worth while stuff on trademe I find I get most of my stuff from the US & UK. Delivery charges from nzposts youshop service are ok but I really have to get a few things at once and consolidate the parcels to make it worth while.

So on that line, if anybody else is looking to get anything from the uk then I'd be happy to share the youshop delivery - i.e. consolidate the parcels and share the cost of delivery. There'll be additional delivery once it lands of course but still probably cheaper than separate international charges.
I'll put a post up here whenever I'm buying in the UK or US in case anybody else is also looking for items.

Case in point I just put dibs on some xt m732 gear from the uk. So if you're looking to ship something soon and want to cut your cost let me know.

Also picking up in the thread from a couple of years ago, I also note that there's only a few of us in Auckland so if any of you guys down the line sees something on trademe for sale that your interested in then I'd happy to collect locally and organise shipping for you if required. I do note that most of the good stuff seems to be in chch tho.

Lastly, if your garage is like mine you might have a few frames and lots of odds and ends lying around from donor bikes. Anybody interested in starting a karma list between us here? e.g. I seem to have STX FD's that seem to be breeding in the bottom of the tool cabinet, gripshifts that are spawning in boxes, and RS Judy's that are multiplying in the racks...

Bout time for another wee bump!

I was away from the whole retro mtb thing for about 2 years as other priorities came along - the ones that cry at 2am lol, anyway have been sifting around the for sale forum for a couple of months and bagged a few wee goodies, the best of which is the 92 Specialized S-Works M2 in black....I used to race one identical in the 90's until it was stolen, replaced with a Cannondale Delta V and then with an Ozone CO2 but my heart always belonged to that S-Works hardtail. It took 15 years of looking (I assume they sold very few of them in NZ because I have never seen an early one for sale here) and managed to pick a frame up from a lovely chap in Italy.

Starting the S-Works build reinvigorated my love for retro MTB's and pushed me to complete my GT RTS Team (Which is now all but finished), so yeah having fun and enjoying playing with these old money pits again

Re:

Ha... this old thread. Welcome back. I’ve been trying to stay away so that my wallet doesn’t take a hit.

Anyone else tempted on the Yo Eddy in Trademe atm!

Re:

Yes yes and yes ;) ;) , I have my wallet primed and thinking i'll have a couple of sneaky bids on the eddy, might go for above what I think I am prepared to pay for it though, with the stuck seat post it could be like buying a nice ripe case of herpes

Another retro biker from Auckland NZ to add to the list
Bikes in the stable
95 Giant TCM carbon restored to catalogue spec (garage queen now)
Dean titanium. 93
Merlin titanium 95
Klein pinnacle ( MINT condition) 89
Kestrel 500sci 650c road 99
Cannondale aero 650c road 99
And many cases of parts stashed for a rainy day, of which there are plenty down in this end of the world.

This site has been a great help for sourcing rare parts as NZ has a very limited market

Back