Attachments

• IMG_6394 m.jpg
    IMG_6394 m.jpg
    268.9 KB · Views: 948
  • IMG_6393 m.jpg
    IMG_6393 m.jpg
    281.6 KB · Views: 948
Re:

Got to be Cheshire1980's very nice clean rare white and neon yellow fadeOrange Clockwork 1989, because of it's age and not being the obvious orange and white Clockwork fade scheme. Just a nice simple early era vintage mountain bike, free of bling and ostentation.

Attachments

• IMG_1876.JPG
    IMG_1876.JPG
    103.1 KB · Views: 868
Cheers... kind words indeed grooveyblueshed!.. think the humble clockwork is a little out of its depth with this array of bikes tho..

Cheshire1980":3dbz76f0 said:
Cheers... kind words indeed grooveyblueshed!.. think the humble clockwork is a little out of its depth with this array of bikes tho..

The Voting will tell... ;)

I'd like to see more down to earth bikes it seems the rarer they were the more common they are now and vice a versa for the common one's.

kingbling":1mp56wti said:
Cheshire1980":1mp56wti said:

I'd like to see more down to earth bikes it seems the rarer they where the more common they are now and vice a versa for the common one's.

May be... They're rather fine machines, the Manitou and Klein, but they're too unattainable exotic poster bike for me. I tend to go for the more traditional and understated frames say like the Brodie or Offroad Toad or Clockwork. I'm a sucker for an Orange though.

kingbling":1yf4jwnu said:

I'd like to see more down to earth bikes it seems the rarer they where the more common they are now and vice a versa for the common one's.

I think it's the way with lower-end stuff in all walks of life. People look after and cherish £3,000 bikes so they're not likely to get stuck in a skip.

Whereas entry level stuff gets junked and so, ironically, there often ends up being fewer of them.

Cheshire1980":1r37slju said:

So far its a two horse race between your Clockwork and the Brodie for me.

Just hope we get two votes & I don't have to choose between them.

Re:

Democracy always wins! The less glamorous lower end bikes are still a valid and loved part of mountain biking heritage. The high end glamour bikes represent the unattainable loveliness of exotica on bedroom wall posters.

Back