Finally it looks like I got my unicorn .... the wait is over

Re: Finally it looks like I got my unicorn

This!!!

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=361851

IMG_2132_1.jpg

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re: Re:

Gaddmeister":1aeiwyn7 said:
Getting Bored. Feel it's going to be a let down when we finally see it.

Apologies in advance as I'm certain everybody will be let down, including me now my preferred choice is 29 so be prepared for huge disappointment.

It is nothing special but is rare as it is only one I've seen in 5+ years of searching. More of a case of closure - to buy the bike I should have bought.

Latest: Our driver has left the depot and your parcel is on schedule for delivery today. :LOL:

Re:

Well I'm interested, a unicorn is a unicorn even if it's a pony!

In fairness to the OP only a few posts are his and even then just in reply to others.

Mustangggggggg!

Juss goin' to the shops for sweets and comics on me Stang'

Raleigh-Mustang-2318-23-%C2%A3130.jpg

The wait is over.

Back in 2000, when I was younger, and in fact most of you were younger by exactly the same number of years, I was also fitter and was looking at doing some mtb competitions.

Perusing the MTB mags, I settle on a Gary Fisher as the lightweight race bike. My local town bike shop, which has since long closed down due to the council not allowing shutters in windows and it getting robbed at least 2 times, had one in a sale, reduced to £ 1400 (I think RRP was £ 1600), but still it was a lot of cash. I really liked the blue-orange complimentary colours.

I had trip to USA and planned to buy one there as the pound was stronger against the dollar. I did buy a GF but in a red-sickly yellow colour. At the time I did wonder if the colour scheme would bother me, and as I suspected, it did. I did regret not buying it as the one I purchased ended up not being that much cheaper. Sometimes it is not about the money. So the search was on and hence the purchase of this 17 years later. :facepalm:

The catalogue, 1999 Gary Fisher.

The bike itself, MT Tam Large (19 in frame) - paid about 1/10 of the original price and it shows.

Could do with some cleaning and maintenance

I've never seen such oily gear shifters and I think the headset cap is a bit faded :eek:

XTR mech ain't gonna shift any gears

Paint isn't too bad, at least doesn't seem faded, poor packaging added some scrapes from the cassette :evil:

oh, and it was common knowledge:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=350439&hilit=mt+tam&start=10

.... and before you ask, I'm not looking for the Marin ..

Attachments

• mtcat.png
    mtcat.png
    60.2 KB · Views: 405
  • mt4.jpg
    mt4.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 405
  • mt2.jpg
    mt2.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 405
  • mt3.jpg
    mt3.jpg