Bioracer steel MTB frame - any good?

Double-E F

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hi all,

Came across a clean steel Bioracer MTB frame + forks from the early '90s this weekend.

p4pb14321426.jpg

Can't seem to find anything about it.. Anyone on here knows whether this is worth pursuing?

Thanks!

:D

themountie":343tyx1m said:
http://www.bioracer.com/en/about-us/timeline-champions-and-innovations

Thanks for the link; I was aware of them making a lot of clothing these days.
Do you know anything about the quality of their race frames?

Re:

Tailor made Dutch stuff, related to Concorde cycles I believe. In the nineties they had this advanced body measurement system to build a bike that would fit perfectly.

Re:

Nice frameset. Mannesmann 878 tubing. Also used for their raceframes. Mannesmann made the tubing for Oria but sold the tubing under it's own name also. I think this 878 tubing is comparable with 531, but that's a guess. My sister has a Bioracer from that era. Very nicely made. The paint is very durable.

Re: Re:

Remko":idrb7kyk said:
Nice frameset. Mannesmann 878 tubing. Also used for their raceframes. Mannesmann made the tubing for Oria but sold the tubing under it's own name also. I think this 878 tubing is comparable with 531, but that's a guess. My sister has a Bioracer from that era. Very nicely made. The paint is very durable.

I bought it -arrived yesterday, looks to be in really good shape although forks aren't original (I think): the yellow differs slightly from that on the frame.
Paint was applied very generously indeed :).
I'll be posting some additional pics up soon. EDIT: see here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=362331

:D

Re:

Very nice buy. Any idea on the weight?
I think the original fork was made of Mannesmann Sytu 878 tubing, like the frame.

Back