Who got the Orange Formula then?

Cheshire1980":3jw37c7j said:
ishaw":3jw37c7j said:
I saw it sell on eBay originally for a fraction of that price. Wasn't listed as a formula though.

I bet you wish you bought it now :facepalm:
Nope. I'm not a fan of profiteering from fellow enthusiasts. If I had won it on eBay I'd have passed it on for what it went for to someone who would be up for the mammoth task of restoring it. I'd never be able to do justice to it if I were the custodian. I also don't need any more excuses for projects, need to ride more, tinker less.

Re:

ishaw":3h2utv9e said:
Cheshire1980":3h2utv9e said:
ishaw":3h2utv9e said:
I saw it sell on eBay originally for a fraction of that price. Wasn't listed as a formula though.

Nope. I'm not a fan of profiteering from fellow enthusiasts. If I had won it on eBay I'd have passed it on for what it went for to someone who would be up for the mammoth task of restoring it. I'd never be able to do justice to it if I were the custodian. I also don't need any more excuses for projects, need to ride more, tinker less.

Tiny bit harsh, as in the end it went via auction for what someone wanted to pay, that's fair enough I reckon

Re:

At the end of the day, it's a manky old bike frame, that if restored might look nice and Ride nice and some folk might think all the work to restore it was actually worthwhile.

But then I guess the same applies to most of what our hobby revolves around :LOL:

ishaw":1z6dxyij said:
Cheshire1980":1z6dxyij said:
ishaw":1z6dxyij said:

I wasn't meaning to make a profit, I meant it for restoring, I would of loved to have restored this bike, but obviously I would of needed it to be much lower to buy in the first instance, like you when you viewed it much cheaper. Sincere apologies if you felt I was targeting you in making a quick profit, that wasn't my intention at all. :oops: It's clear to see your always helping/karma ring and selling parts very cheap on here. :cool:

Re:

Well I bid it up to the end price but never once was the highest bidder. Moment of madness really as in the cold light of day I would have regretted spending that much for various reasons.

I wasn't having a dig really, sticking it up on eBay and letting it find its price was fair enough. I hope we find it went to a good home and it's restored properly. I guess the romantic in me would have it go to someone on here who'd do a proper job. I'm no bike historian, nor do I know or care much about MTB history if I'm honest, but there are guys and girls on here who do so hopefully it will have gone to one of them.

Re: Re:

jimo746":3lwucwn8 said:
At the end of the day, it's a manky old bike frame, that if restored might look nice and Ride nice and some folk might think all the work to restore it was actually worthwhile.

Absolutely this ^^^^

Re:

Think of all those rust in pieces 'barn find' vintage cars that went to auction for a mint and were fully restored. It might be a rusty old bike but if it's valued as piece of British mountain biking history, then it has some worth. As Retrobike's Sinnerman once said about this Formula:

"Orange are the Last of a special Era, and this is as close as it gets to that Era's beginning...!!!"

Back