"It's further than you think"

Silvergoat

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Ey up! Just when the spirit is down and the retro mojo is waning, up pops the Fred Dibnah of the biking world to cheer you up again. Guy Martin's off on tour around Britain's coastline and he's trying to do it in 20 days, the mad fool. If he gets home by 5am on Christmas morning, he's broken the record. Makes me think that I should stop worrying about stuff and get on with living life and enjoy the biking whilst I can still physically ride. I raise my beaker of 'slider' to him in good cheer – whether he makes the challenge or not, it's certainly entertainment. Now, is he taking the Kona or the Orange?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwuaLHf-Mes[/youtube]

groovyblueshed":3165p00f said:
Makes me think that I should stop worrying about stuff and get on with living life and enjoy the biking whilst I can still physically ride.

Amen to that! :D

I watched something on TV recently where he was cycling non-stop across some desert in China (I thonk), anyway it was interesting and entertaining viewing, looks like he's moving from racing one two wheeled machine to riding a different two wheeled machine :)

He's been doing it for years , hence the hope sponsorship , did megavalanche a few years ago regular at the strath puffer ( second place a couple of years ago ) too

Mike

Re:

I quite admire the guy :roll: . He's obviously competitive and likes a challenge but he seems a sound genuine positive person too. He's done the things you may have dreamt of doing when growing up and made a successful career out of them. Fair play though, as he's a solid grafter. And he has a liking for Oranges.

Back