'90 Marin Muirwoods, a rework thread

Bodecci

Dirt Disciple

Here's what I'm starting with.

This is where I'm at. I plan on media blasting it and having it powder coated.
Naturally there will be upgrades. I'll list those as I go along.
BTW photos won't be great. I have a choice. do the bike or buy a better camera. That's a no brainer if I ever did see one. :LOL:

This isn't exactly a novel thought but why blast off that nice paint; it will never be original again if you do?

jonthefish":3jepr7iq said:
Aye, better from a distance right enough. Going to keep the colour scheme?
I don't think so. The bike is only worth about 300 American in top shape. Not a single original part on it. Even the fork is aftermarket. I never did like this color scheme anyway.
I'm looking at a medium metallic blue with black decals. This is my keeper. Had it 25 years now. It will be ridden by me as long as I can still ride, about another 25 years.

Converting dollars to pounds it's about 40 pounds to paint this with spray can paint. 65 for powder coat. No question, PC. I ordered the powder today. When it arrives next week, off to the shop with ya!
BTW it's called Mystical Blue, made by Prismatic.

I still have my 1990 Palisades. I've toured on four continents with it and it's an old friend - clearly you feel exactly the same about your Muirwoods.

Chas May painted mine metallic red 15 years ago and I don't regret it. It's better to ride and enjoy than to hang it on a garage wall and marvel at its originality. :cool:

DSCN0250.jpg

Powder coated. I did put new wheels on and went to 8sp rear. Still 2 up front. Spacing is much better with a higher high and lower low. Feels like the old bike, rides like a new bike.

Back