Anyone else found their retroness has waned.....?!

Just you wait until the car-boot season starts!

Its just occurred to me I have built and owned (even if its for only  few days) some 2-3000 bicycles since 1986.

60% MTB the rest road bikes and others

:shock:

Re:

legrandefromage":3rkdu1r8 said:
Just you wait until the car-boot season starts!<br abp="764"><br abp="765">Its just occurred to me I have built and owned (even if its for only few days) some 2-3000 bicycles since 1986.<br abp="766"><br abp="767">60% MTB the rest road bikes and others<br abp="768"><br abp="769"> :shock:

Blood and sand, that is a seriously impressive number!

legrandefromage":2xo4nye3 said:

Its just occurred to me I have built and owned (even if its for only  few days) some 2-3000 bicycles since 1986.

You keep a list?

legrandefromage":18wet7mx said:

Have you made money from the exercise, or has it cost you money over that time?

:?: :?:

...that said, I enjoy the fixing, i enjoy the riding etc. i dont care whether its new or old really its just that most of the bikes I have are old.

And I will be clearing some out and getting down to the 'lucky few', so you could say the noob enthusiasm has passed somewhat

Re:

The fact that this thread has 30+ replies and, certain threads in "look at my bike" sections have...1 reply...kinda says it all, dunnit!

:LOL: Anyhow, i do agree with OP as i'm injured and cannot ride if i wanted to, so bike modding, adapting, faffing around has no draw for me. That wheel that needs centring and truing is way down the list now as it was for my winter bike....that plan backfired!

Like all hobbies, interests etc...it can get samey and repetitive. so, turning your back until another time is the only way to rekindle them passions for it. time just sorts it all out.

I used to read a lot of muscle and fitness mags back in the 90's and, after 7-8 issues you start to realise that there is little refreshment in the content, rather just a different perspective on the same damn thing, then you realise adverts are really king! :)

Back on topic, once you know your shi* there is little that draws you in. so, then (for me) it's about getting out and seeing the bikes for real, real people too. the you feel that dull ache in your hamstring and......full circle! damn!

Gonna take up tiddly winks instead. :cool:

Re:

I seem to buy and build more bikes during winter and ride more in summer, that said our Wednesday night ride is still going well with a good turnout every week although there are a few modern bikes involved.
Seeing them just reminds me how pretty the older mtbs are also that in the right hands they are still very capable machines which keeps the retro passion alive.

Re:

Still in the honeymoon period with my "new" Pace, my Mount Vision I've owned since about '98 so looks like I've got staying power!
The 2001 Mount Vision still gets hammered around in the hills.

Back