KarmaDeKerf

rc200ti

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I have a '99 DeKerf Generation frame (19" BB to top of seat tube, 22.5" across the top). It has a cracked driveside chainstay. This was discovered 25minutes before loading the bike onto the car for a weekend in the hills (pull out the Cindercone and rediscover the joys of fully rigid and rim brakes in a hostile environment).
With every intention of sorting this I contacted Chris DeKerf who kindly sent across a new chainstay. I sent pics up to Bob Jackson in Leeds and got a quote of about £70 for cutting in the new stay plus the cost of a respray. And then everything stopped.
So, because my retrolove is as strong as ever I want to see this frame restored and used, and if I'm not going to do it then I happily pass it on to someone who will.

I bought this frame with the intention of riding it for a while and then stripping down and having it resprayed. It was such a nice ride that for eighteen months, built up with Pace Stealth forks and discs it was my regular day-ride bike. There are no dents or dings and the lines visible above the gusset on the downtube are hellitape.

My 'Chris'mas Karma package is a 19" Generation frame including Cane Creek headset, a Chris DeKerf supplied chainstay , and a set of DeKerf Decals in blue (these are the slightly later DeKerf graphic).

You will need to collect it from LE65 2PW (on M42 near East Midlands Airport). I am happy to hang on to it for a couple of months so no pressure in that respect.
PM please. First received gets it.

Rob

Attachments

• dk2.jpg
    dk2.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 1,035
  • dk1.jpg
    dk1.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 1,035
Hi Rob,

Can you remember how much the new chainstay from Dekerf cost? I've just bought a 94 dekerf mountain (my second) and have noticed a small rust hole near the dropout. I'm trying to work out the best way to resolve with the seller (who is being by jolly decent) so an idea of cost would be very useful

Cheers, Matt

Back