Get yer Chainreaction while you can

groovyblueshed":2t01ufpe said:
02gf74":2t01ufpe said:
They plan to keep 275 management roles, wtf are they managing??!!

Ridiculous.

One can never have enough managers, I find – where would we promote the useless staff to? I once worked in a department where there was three of us governed by five managers. They would call themselves 'the senior team" and would go off on 'strategic team building away days' – more like a sponsored jolly I'd say. Anyway, we had a revolution and the managers are now gone, replaced with just a [new] head of department, who has uncovered the spending habits and accounting oversights of the previous managers.

The Dilbert Principle! https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dilbert_principle

Predictably dickish move- buy your rival and then shut it down. I like CRC too- picked up a set of fsa rings today along with some other bits for next to nothing. Shame.

They always had the most comprehensive listings in the bike mags and were easy to deal with over the phone, back in the days before the internet was as big, when I was still in the business of upgrading and modernizing my ride, before I went retro.

Re:

"The company says it will keep at least 275 jobs in Northern Ireland in roles like management, IT and sales
..Its wheel building operation will remain in Ballyclare. "

'Management jobs'... Retaining the IT dept of a web-based business does somewhat suggest that 275 posts are not 'Management jobs' but hey.. truth, good story, etc..

Perhaps more significantly, custom wheels!

Re: Re:

Osella":j8xtvajt said:
"The company says it will keep at least 275 jobs in Northern Ireland in roles like management, IT and sales
..Its wheel building operation will remain in Ballyclare. "

LOL. I stopped buying from CRC after the web update and hacking incident which caused my bank to cancel my CC with no notice.

'Management jobs'... Retaining the IT dept of a web-based business does somewhat suggest that 275 posts are not 'Management jobs' but hey.. truth, good story, etc..

Perhaps more significantly, custom wheels!

Re:

CRC are top banana! Ordered 3 Onza Canis (26" x 2.0) at £10.79 each last night and they've already been dispatched. Hope Wiggle don't mess with something that works so well.

Re:

Maybe the Brexit will help CRC employees? With dropping pound values, who knows if 5 years down the line N. Ireland would rather remain in the EU, even with euros, and then Wiggle could have the best of both worlds?

I'm surprised there are so many happy retrobike customers from CRC. I used to buy from then when living in RoI since postage was free, but stopped checking them for stuff a while ago since they seem to focus on the latest in road and mtb trends, but don't care much about anything 5 years or older. Not a single quill stem in their range, very limited square taper BBs, zero choice of commuting stuff, etc.

As for prices, I guess you guys get the pain on the postage, because German online shops are wayyyy cheaper, and for me in most cases free postage over 30 or 50 EUR!

Re:

True they seem to be more focussed on modern kit and trends now, like most suppliers really. I mix and match a lot with different suppliers but I've been using CRC a lot over the years, mainly for things that aren't retro critical but can still fit an old bike and make it functional for everyday. I've used On-One a lot too – they seemed to have a lot of reasonably priced vintage/retro finishing kit available for a while. I guess it's a case of looking around for what's appropriate and who has got the best offers on your regular choice of kit.

Re:

I like them for Mavic rims, and tyres. Bloody disc brakes making v rims expensive everywhere else. Also best to get the basics, like cheap kmc chains and shimano cassettes.

Then again wheelies have a good ebay shop with ex display, got some half price rims there.

Back