Get yer Chainreaction while you can

Re: Re:

groovyblueshed":152aiatg said:
Then puts up prices. The usual kind of thing.

I noticed price creep.
Back in the day when I was buying a lot of new stuff (2000-2003) CRC were by far the most competitive with Merlin a close second. Wriggle were nowhere nearly as competitive -expensive and predominately selling downhill stuff...never bought from them.
Pity!

Re:

Never ever bought from Wiggle – CRC has always been my preferred choice for kit – their prices, quality of service and prompt delivery are pretty good.

It's all to common in this day and age that the necessity of profit outweighs the impact on workers. Some call it business acumen...

I call it greed.

02gf74":1tr1yd86 said:
They plan to keep 275 management roles, wtf are they managing??!!

Ridiculous.

One can never have enough managers, I find – where would we promote the useless staff to? I once worked in a department where there was three of us governed by five managers. They would call themselves 'the senior team" and would go off on 'strategic team building away days' – more like a sponsored jolly I'd say. Anyway, we had a revolution and the managers are now gone, replaced with just a [new] head of department, who has uncovered the spending habits and accounting oversights of the previous managers.

Back