White Industries crank set question

Klein-aficionado

Old School Hero
Hello Forum

I have a question regarding correct spindle length for the above.

Planning on putting this crank set on my Zaskar but cannot find any info on required spindle length.

Hoping this knowledgeable community can help with this matter :)

I do not know if it makes any difference, but it is the CNC version of the crank set that hopefully should go on the frame.

K.

Which one? There's 2. The original, and the Sugino one. The arm offset is different

Re:

Yes - correct.

My set is made in US and is, as far as I know, CNC-machined.

The Sugino version is made in Japan and forged. That is not the version, I have.

K.

Re:

Hhmmm ....... still hoping for some advice or guidance from this knowledgeable forum :|

Anyone able to give advice or hints to people who might know :?:

Sincerely grateful for all inputs in this matter

K.

Re:

Wow- how could this info slip my attention :shock:

Can't remember ever seeing a notification email for this last input.

I assume, that this length is for the US made version, aka C Series.
Just out of curiosity was the length for the M series (made by Sugino in Japan) the same.

Btw I fully agree with the notion regarding Q factor. Q factor sums up the measures of centerline to crank arm on both sides plus the thickness of both arms giving in total the distance between the two mounting points for pedals. But then again Q does not directly indicate whether inner chain ring will go free of chain stay.

I will try lining up the frame with spindle length as indicated

K.

that'll give the same as the 110 in chain line, just with the none drive nearer. Sugino usually specified 110 over the 107 though from memory.
So 107/113 :)

Back